Batteries

talleytech

Re: Batteries

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:52 am

A little more information on this issue. I got the minn Kota 440 precision in and went back to a 4 battery system. This morning I work up with another battery that has reversed polarity. The battery was very hot and the box cabinet fan was running. The switch shows between 48-52 volts. It seems like the cooler it is the higher the voltage? It does seem like it's cooking the batteries. This really started happening more when I put some higher power gear up on the tower. 3 AF-11 and a new WS-26-500-DC. Is it possible that batteries are never getting fully charged because of the amount of load and just cooking them? The switch is showing around 250 watts use. What are others using to power these types of switches. I'm going to order the AC version of this switch and try to figure out a way to battery backup the power. It's been a rough couple weeks.

talleytech

Re: Batteries

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:01 pm

So I have given up on the batteries and minnkota setup. I switch back to AC power. The switch was showing a constant use of 250 watts. It seems like it was pulling more than the batteries and Minnkota could provide? I am not sure but on Friday I had 3 batteries go out at different times. That's when I pulled the AC switch. I have other sites with much lower usage and they seem to work fine. I am nervous about this setup though. I want to change over to a power supply and a battery backup switch. Has anyone has any luck with any certain brands?
Thank you,
Jason

Previous
Return to General Discussion