CRC

quadra
Experienced Member

CRC

Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:13 am

Hello since the last update I have a lot of CRC errors I do not know if it comes from the fact that it is the fact that I do not have enough flow between my points points of my antennas that means CRC I tried to search forums but I do not find much I think you will help me ? :crazy:
Attachments
Capture.PNG

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: CRC

Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:35 am

Nothing in latest firmware would cause CRC errors to suddenly occur. More likely the reboot after upgrade and Ethernet drop then negotiation caused them to start, could be many things even far device.

CRC are either:
Bad cable / ends (can be lose or dirty connection)
Noise on line
Bad port in switch, swap ports to see if CRC follow cable
Bad device Ethernet port (swap device see if stops)

Also the way AF and AFX units work bad or modulating connections like during rain even causes CRC errors. 802.11m/ac work differently than AF / AFC and CRC are less likely to occur but can occur if bad or overloaded link.

Some devices do not speak well together, being in IT for 30+ years this in not a NEW issue in Ethernet which a simple net search will result in tons of people talking about CRC errors.

Being an IT professional / WISP requires one to use simple diagnostic steps to eliminate and narrow down causes and fix it.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion