WS-26-DC input power

highlands

WS-26-DC input power

Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:40 pm

What is the real input power allowed to the WS-26-DC
?

I ask because we use 48VDC power and under normal float the voltage is 54 to 56VDC.
During equalizing of the batteries (happens once per quarter) it can go to about 60VDC for an hour.
Then you have to think about when there is a power loss, the batteries will drop to about 50VDC and slowly drop to about 42VDC at 80% (40VDC at 99% Discharge) discharge where we have our LVD (Low Voltage Disconnect) kicks out the batteries at 42VDC and drops the load. At what point would the WS-26-DC not deal with the incoming power as the batteries discharge? If the WS-26-DC would shut down at 48VDC that would be about 30% to 35% of discharge of the batteries, which is way too early.

Ideally for 48VDC operation it would be 40 to 60VDC (yes that is conditioned power from commercially powered rectifiers and battery) to meet normal standards.

The information on the WS-26-DC
states 48 to 54VDC which is too tight for typically commercial power and batteries. But yet it appears this model was intended to be used in a typical commercial power and batteries situation

I don't ant to use a WS-26-500-DC as the 9 to 72VDC is WAY over kill for a typical commercial power and batteries situation. We use the WS-26-500-DC on Solar sites.

John

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-26-DC input power

Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:07 pm

The WS-12-DC and WS-26-DC are designed to be powered by a power supply (preferably an ISOLATED power supply) which is a CONSTANT voltage.

The WS-12-DC and WS-26-DC pass out as 48V POE whatever it is given and thus the 48V to 54V range.

If you provide 60V input that is what 48V POE output will be and you may damage devices, most 48V POE devices will accept 48V-54V just fine.

But I also believe 60V is the upper limit and could damage the WS-26-DC as there are on board power supplies for 3V and 24V, not sure their input ranges but 60V is close I think.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion