WS-6-MINI, screw size?

jpaine619

WS-6-MINI, screw size?

Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:03 pm

Can one of y'all give me the size/threads for the 4 little black screws that hold the cover on the WS-6-MINI? I got a new one in today and was working on mounting it when I noticed that one of the screws was stripped out from the factory. Took me a bit to get it out, and I'd like to replace the screw but I can't find any documentation (CAD drawings, etc) that list the exact size screw I need.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-6-MINI, screw size?

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:37 pm

The screws are whats called undercut heads so they are more flush when screwed in so I doubt you will be able to find them.

m3 x 0.5d3 hss

so the mini has 4 screws but only 2 hold the lid on the other 2 simply hold the corners flush.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

jpaine619

Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:11 am

Well, I reckon it doesn't have to be perfect. I'll use the replacement screw on the top where it won't interfere with my mounting, if it doesn't sit exactly flush.

Any chance y'all could get some of the CAD drawings up for these units? Info like that is useful when making minor repairs.

Also, while we're at it. Any chance on getting some downloadable documentation in the future? A User Manual that explains all the functions, icons, indicators, etc would be useful. I know there's info here in the forums but something a bit more formal is long overdue. I was digging around the other day trying to get an explanation of all of the various permutations of the PORTS graphs (outer color, inner color, etc) and it took way longer than reasonable.

jpaine619

Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:38 am

sirhc wrote:The screws are whats called undercut heads so they are more flush when screwed in so I doubt you will be able to find them.

Yeah. It took me about 5 mins to track them down :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075C6C4YR/

That kit had the EXACT screws. Flush fit and all. 100% identical. Never question my search skills.

Return to General Discussion