WS-8-250-AC in soon

sirhc
Employee
Employee

WS-8-250-AC in soon

Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:57 pm

Those that got the "Pre-Release" versions of the WS-8-250-AC units please go read the comments and follow the procedure to upgrade your firmware as soon as possible.

Due to the Nature of the bug that was in v1.2.0rcX you may wish to perform that upgrade onsite.

However if you never installed v1.2.0rcX the upgrade from v1.1.X to v1.1.2 should be smooth but the bug is also in v1.1.0&1 so please upgrade.

Now to the exciting, the first "PRODUCTION" batch of 1,000 WS-8-250-AC boards are leaving Toronto today so we should receive them this week hopefully Wednesday or Thursday if customs does not hold them up for no reason.

Check List:
The NEW and improved chassis are already finished and waiting. - check
The power supplies arrived today from China (Thanks Gerry). - check
The power cords are still at the dock but I have power cords in reserve. - - check
The packaging (gift box) is already here. - check
The really COOL even newer stickers then shown at the St. Louis WISPA show arrived last week. - check
The SUNON fans are here and almost ready (we had to change the connector in house, log story do not ask). - check

Eric found and fixed the BUGS in the firmware for the WS-8-250-AC over this past weekend but he is going to try and get v1.2.X fixed up as well so maybe we can flash that image on the switches. - check

So by Friday we should be shipping WS-8-250-AC production units. These unit sport more cooling holes in the chassis, newer cool decal as mentioned above, firmware is good, and these units have the NEW Poly Fuses so 55C will be no sweat (PUN INTENDED)!

A large portion of them have been already sold to those that pre-ordered them so I will be getting their orders out first and I want to thank you all for patiently waiting!!!
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Re: WS-8-250-AC in soon

Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:59 pm

Awesome Bubba! Glad you guys are getting these rolling and getting that firmware dialed in! Any other testing you need me to do? lol

EDIT - I did have to default and reprogram mine to get it functioning correctly from 1.2.0rc5 to the new release.

Return to General Discussion