Netonix Manager v1.0.16 Device Group Feature

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Netonix Manager v1.0.16 Device Group Feature

Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:32 pm

I've added a feature I've seen requested many time's on the NM forum. This will allow you to group your device's together based on region, department, etc.

I've tried to keep it as simple as possible. Here is a basic breakdown of how it works.

First, click on the new button in top panel called "Group", it should default to "Group: all"

DG Access Part 1.PNG

Now you will see the Device Group Dialog which should default to showing you the "all" group, this will always contain the entirety of the switches/devices your netonix manager has access too, so if you make a mistake setting up your groups. You can always go back there to find them.

Now, from this dialog you can add a new group, simply type in the name and description of your group and press the "+" symbol.

DB Add New Group Part 2.PNG

Next, you can select the devices you want in this group by just highlighting them in the device list (you can also choose to select them before you even create the group)

DB Select New Devices Part 3.PNG

And then open the group dialog again, select your group and click "Add # Selected Switches", then you should see the device count in your selected group match the number of devices you already highlighted.

At that point, if you want to view just the devices in that group, with the group selected, simply press "switch to [group name] group" and the device list should update to show only the switches you are interested in. and the button in the menu should reflect which group is selected

DG Add Devices and switch to group Part 4.PNG

DG Switched To Group.PNG

To delete a group (or several groups) in the Group dialog simply select them and press the "X" next to the "+" and then all the switches in the deleted groups will revert back to "all".

You can also add switches to other groups that are already allocated to a group with the same steps. You just see the count go down in the group you're removing switches from and go up on the group you've selected.

Hopefully, everyone will find some use for this utility.

sakita
Experienced Member

Re: Netonix Manager v1.0.16 Device Group Feature

Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:13 pm

Thanks for adding this! I've started creating groups already - good new feature! :hurray:
Today is an average day: Worse than yesterday, but better than tomorrow.

Return to General Discussion