Experienced Member

Re: First WS-24-400A switch....reset?

Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:00 pm

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:32 pm

JustJoe wrote:Which leads me to ask, would there be conflicts with that and the way the previous orange and green pairs are now powered with a 24VH setup?
There was mention over on UBNT that any kit designed to remote reset via voltage on the additional data pairs would be reset if connected to a 24VH PoE. I cannot say if doing so could inflict permanent damage. I would advise not to use 24VH for that purpose unless you can live with the possible consequences.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:37 pm

lligetfa wrote:
JustJoe wrote:Which leads me to ask, would there be conflicts with that and the way the previous orange and green pairs are now powered with a 24VH setup?
There was mention over on UBNT that any kit designed to remote reset via voltage on the additional data pairs would be reset if connected to a 24VH PoE. I cannot say if doing so could inflict permanent damage. I would advise not to use 24VH for that purpose unless you can live with the possible consequences.

Not sure but will LAB it soon and report back but yes the user should not select 24VH as the port POE option if the device only needs 24V the same way that they should not plug a 24V airMAX M5 Rocket into a 48V airMAX Titanium M5 Rocket POE brick. They will plug into each other but there is only so much idiot proofing a manufacturer can do.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

jpaine619

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:20 pm

This link also does not work

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
mysql_connect function does not exist, is mysql extension installed? []
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Previous
Return to General Discussion