Add Multiple VLANs via UI

aiwasoundsystem

Add Multiple VLANs via UI

Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:14 pm

Our wisp uses these switches on multiple sites and during initial setup it can take hours to add multiple VLANs one by one. I don't mind going through and doing the port tagging as it's pretty quick but adding the VLANs can take up to a couple hours if not longer at times. Is there a way to batch add multiple VLANs via the UI? I would even be open to doing it via the CLI if necessary for efficiency. Thank you in advance for any help!

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Re: Add Multiple VLANs via UI

Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:40 pm

You can definitely add vlans via the CLI.
Enter a question mark to see the list of options, it will also auto-complete for you.
But to get close to where you need to be to add in a vlan via the CLI try this:
Code: Select all
conf
vlan ?

The CLI should guide you from there what you need to do.

Alternatively, you can also download the config from an already configured switch and re-apply it to give you a good baseline and have to change less when setting up complex VLANs, I use this option all the time when I need to setup a lab quickly.

To access this feature, you can find it on the "Utilities" button on top right of the main page in the web UI, just hit "Backup" to download the current config of an already configured switch, and press "Restore" to apply the config to bring the new switch up to speed.

mike99
Associate
Associate

Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:24 pm

Create only VLAN that don't flow through trunk ports.

By default, trunk allow VLAN between 1-4095. Those VLAN don't need to be created in the VLAN tab to flow trough trunk ports.

aiwasoundsystem

Wed May 01, 2019 6:07 pm

mike99 wrote:Create only VLAN that don't flow through trunk ports.

By default, trunk allow VLAN between 1-4095. Those VLAN don't need to be created in the VLAN tab to flow trough trunk ports.

Would this setup work VLAN 2 and VLAN 3 trunked on port 2 on netonix, then on port 4 trunking VLAN 2, VLAN 3 and VLAN 4, would traffic flow through port 2 to port 4?

mike99
Associate
Associate

Thu May 02, 2019 8:21 pm

VID 2 and 3 would flow through port 2 and 4 but not VID 4 since it's only trunked on port 4.

Return to General Discussion