STP Port Priority / STP between 2 switch

mike99
Associate
Associate

Re: STP Port Priority / STP between 2 switch

Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:35 am

I never tested it but Chris (Sirhc) use it in passive mode with Cisco router.

Why double the link between 2 switch. Are those Cisco device all in same place ? If so, why not have a link to 2 differents switch ?

Not sure if your Cisco device are compatible with LACP on multiple switch (seem to need cross-stack ether channel feature) but I would personnaly try to have both link on different swtichs. You could also use RSTP to do so.

Seb65

Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:01 am

mike99 wrote:I never tested it but Chris (Sirhc) use it in passive mode with Cisco router.

Ok I will test and set up a lab between Cisco and Netonix...

mike99 wrote:Why double the link between 2 switch. Are those Cisco device all in same place ? If so, why not have a link to 2 differents switch ?

Cisco is in stack mode on each extremity

The Cisco link to the Cisco switch is currently performed by an AirFiber. I plan to add a second AirFiber to mount a LACP between Cisco switch.

Do you understand the infrastructure more easily
?

mike99
Associate
Associate

Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:26 am

Yes but I don't work much with LACP so can't help you with this option.

LACP is tricky with wireless since it do some kind of round robin base on choose factor and speed is not predictable, and often not equal, on both link.

Personnaly, I would prefer to use MSTP or ERPS with different VLANs list by link to have a better control on what pass through each link. The problem is that both features are in beta phase on netonix. The're was several fix for both since last time I reported bugs but I didn't have time to test back those yet and it seem like I'm the only one that test those features that would be usefull for us all.

Previous
Return to General Discussion