WS-6-MINI POE Options

george@connectit.nz

WS-6-MINI POE Options

Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with the Hikvision POE bricks, https://www.sicetelecom.it/wp-content/MU/datasheet/HIKVISION-ACCESSORI-HIKVISION-INJECTOR-HPOE-LAS60-57CN-AH00HVLA65C4-SICE-Distributore-Italiano.pdf

I have a big pile of these (because I'm powering their cameras with Netonix WISP switches!) and I'm trying to get it to power a WS-6-MINI. They supply the bigger cameras with four pair POE but also supply two pair to the smaller cameras. They seem to go through a power up test to see what format POE they will supply. But when I plug it into a MINI the brick doesn't even seem to try.

So I am unsure as to what triggers the power supply to go into four pair mode but would be keen to replicate it so I can start putting this pile of bricks to good use!

Maybe a setting in the switch, short a pair briefly on power up...? Looking forward to some thoughts...!

Thanks In Advance
George

george@connectit.nz

Re: WS-6-MINI POE Options

Mon May 27, 2019 7:47 pm

I have finally got back to this! Image shows the solution. I have just bridged the ic that turns the power to the poe port on and off. Simple really!

Hope it helps...

PSX_20190528_114557.jpg

Return to General Discussion