WS-12-250-DC Power input

nriedman

WS-12-250-DC Power input

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:36 pm

I realize these units are to be powered directly from the batteries, however, is there any issue by powering them from a regulated power supply? I am looking at using the meanwell 24vdc power supply and ups40 units to charge the batteries. The issue I have is that the WS-12-DC does not produce 48v power to poe for ip cameras when being fed 24vdc. So I am wondering if I can just using the WS-12-250-DC instead so I can power the 24v radios along with 48v cameras.

I saw posts where you recommend the minnkota charger, but I am trying to fit the power in as small of an enclosure as possible so the 2 9ah batteries and the meanwell units fit nicely in a tycon power box.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-12-250-DC Power input

Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:34 pm

You can still use that charger/power supply and still hook switch directly to battery bank with an inline fuse or breaker of course. Then hook the charger unit up desperately. Or simply buy a charger/power supply that output 48V-54V and use the WS-12-DC as you mentioned.

There are numerous posts on here you can find with the search feature and read what has been discussed before.

Like this post and thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4450&p=27007&hilit=+heaven+forbid#p27007
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion