SFP to copper Mikrotik S-RJ01 error?

Viceft

SFP to copper Mikrotik S-RJ01 error?

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:06 pm

Hello.
I have a netonix WS12-250DC ver 1.5.0, in port 14 (sfp) I am using a mikrotik S-RJ01, when turn on the netonix it does not detect the module, I validate the log and I do not find errors, if I enter the netonix console ,the port 14 is down, if I reload cold the problem is solved. Try shutdown, no shutdown, etc and nothing solves that problem.
If I turn off the netonix switch again, everything repeats, the SFP module does not work, in the console the port is down, etc.
This happens only with this module, if I use a mikrotik SFP single mode everything works perfect
Is it a known error?
How can do it automatic "reload cold"?

Regards

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: SFP to copper Mikrotik S-RJ01 error?

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:48 am

The reasons some SFP modules work in some switches and not others and why all manufacturers have compatibility issues is timing on the I2C bus.

There are +/- tolerances and some manufacturers just slide outside the range of another manufacturer and sometimes it is just a particular module meaning try another exact same SFP module and it may work fine.
I always test all my SFP modules before deploying it.

I insert the module then boot switch.
Do a couple UI software reboots.

If it fails and requires the SFP module to be pulled and re-inserted to work I do not use it although it may work fine in another manufacturer device.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Viceft

Re: SFP to copper Mikrotik S-RJ01 error?

Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:49 am

Thank you very much, try a ubiquiti module and it works without problems.

Regards.

Return to General Discussion