LACP throughput

vnce

LACP throughput

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:02 pm

So today i was testing 2 mikrotik CCR 10009 bonding 2 ethernet ports in an attempt to pass more than 1 gig through the netonix, I have the bonding and lag working great, the issue I have is when I have the CCR's connected directly to each other i will beable to test a full 2gig,, ie 1.9+gig, when i connect them to the netonix I am only able to see 987mbs through it, as i watch the interfaces on the CCR and on the netonix I see them balancing the load in half on each interface but they will not pass a full or close to 1 gig on each interface. I can unplug 1 leg at any point and the traffic stays at the 987 but passes through the one leg on the side i disconnected from, I hope this makes some sort of sense here.

I am attempting to solve a problem where I have a ws-26 on a site with 22 AP's all negotiating at a gig and of course my total throughput is limited to the 1gig port that is connected to the ccr, I have a 10gig fiber as my uplink on the router so the bottle neck here is the 1gig port on the netonix for these AP's

thanks in advance

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Re: LACP throughput

Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Can you provide screen shots of your LACP configuration on the LAG page and status page on the switch?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: LACP throughput

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:25 pm

LAG of 2 ports does not create a 2G pipe they create a pipe with 2 1G pipes, you get 2G aggregate not 2G for single transfer.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=764&p=5675&hilit=+LACP+aggregate#p5675
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion