First deployment!

mayheart
Experienced Member

First deployment!

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:16 pm

First Netonix switch has been deployed and is working great.

It's installed in an enclosure on a tower. Fiber ran from the SFP port to the shack inside. Has survived a few nights in -40c weather. (without wind chill)

Impressed so far!

Now the only thing that these things need to do is support 56 volts for Telrad LTE gear. ;)

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: First deployment!

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:20 pm

mayheart wrote:First Netonix switch has been deployed and is working great.

It's installed in an enclosure on a tower. Fiber ran from the SFP port to the shack inside. Has survived a few nights in -40c weather. (without wind chill)

Impressed so far!

Now the only thing that these things need to do is support 56 volts for Telrad LTE gear. ;)

Well I am not condoning this but the 8 and 12 ports have a potentiometer that you can trim the POE up to 56V and the switch will be fine with it. We just pass through the switch input voltage as the 48V and 48VH.

Of course this would void your warranty. :nono: - I AM NOT SURE IF THAT IS THE MIDDLE OR INDEX FINGER ???? OH WELL EITHER ONE WORKS I SUPPOSE! :rofl4:

We trim the power supplies to 50V so if you VOM the 48V it is actually 50V, is 50V close enough?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

adairw
Associate
Associate

Re: First deployment!

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:15 am

mayheart wrote:

We haven't received our Telrad gear yet. But I was under the impression that it was NOT PoE. That you had to run power wire along with the ethernet?

Return to General Discussion