Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:21 pm

I talk up Netonix to everyone!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: LAG and STP

Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:51 pm

Thanks!

It's been a rough weekend, sorry if I am coming across like a jerk!
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

keefe007
Experienced Member

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:02 pm

What if you did kickstarter campaigns to fund new models?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:27 pm

keefe007 wrote:What if you did kickstarter campaigns to fund new models?

I am not sure how all that works?

I have other people offering investments but ten they own you an turn innovation into a bean counting thing.

I had wanted to run Netonix more like flying a plane by the seat of your pants able to move quicker to changing ideas.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:34 pm

I have a crowdfunding idea... everyone that can benefit today from a Netonix switch, buy one. :hurray:

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:40 pm

I think the most effective way to know link capacity is on the radio itself. For instance, AF has a pretty good idea of it's link capacity, as does the 'AC' ubiquiti gear. It would be very nice to have a software module for various vendors that would periodically read this information via snmp or for ubiquiti "AC" hit the ip/status.cgi to get the link capacities and then balance the bonded/lag/etc interface based on that info.

Trying to infer the link capacity means either statistical analysis for data and latency plus weather and time etc etc, or sending a 'dummy' stream across the link to keep it at maximum capacity (like an AF does for instance), or pulling stats from the radio. I think pulling stats from the radio seems like the simplest option, other than having to have a specific module for each vendor and product line.

keefe007
Experienced Member

Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Basically with kickstarter or any other crowdfunding platform you'd be pre-selling the units with payment due up front. Basically you'd say that you'll produce model XX once 100 units have been pre-purchased.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:54 pm

keefe007 wrote:Basically with kickstarter or any other crowdfunding platform you'd be pre-selling the units with payment due up front. Basically you'd say that you'll produce model XX once 100 units have been pre-purchased.

Well we are already doing that now except we have units ready to ship? I guess I could open up the NEW models to pre-orders?

Do you think I should open the new units up for pre-orders, some will not ship for up to 6-8 weeks?

keefe007
Experienced Member

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:05 am

I think you should take pre-orders on new models if it helps fund and/or accelerate production.

sundial

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:22 am

Sorry resurrect an old thread. I am still seeking a solution to the problem laid out in the original post: How can I aggregate and create redundancy for two wireless links, connecting the same two locations, but operating on different frequencies?

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion