WS-6 dropping link/power

bmoya170

WS-6 dropping link/power

Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:39 pm

Hello,

i have had a issue recently when utilizing all ports on the Ws-6-mini with Cambium cnPilot e501S Enterprise Outdoor Wifi ap's, the power/link on all devices drops and will not come back up until a reboot of the switch is performed, however the power on the port stays illuminated. If i use only four ports it will stay online and have no issues, if i have 5 devices connected it will stay online for a period of time but then drop power/link and if i connect to all six ports it will immediately drop power/link to all devices. After Troubleshooting i have concluded it not to be a power issue by using Poe adapters for all devices and connecting a patch cable from the Poe to the switch and it still having the same issue. I have also replaced the Ws-6-mini with another switch of the same model, as well as tried multiple firmware's to include the most current. I replaced the Ws-6-mini with a Netonix WS-8-150-DC 8-Port Managed POE Switch and it resolved the issue. Any idea on what the issue could have been?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-6 dropping link/power

Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:01 pm

Read this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2591&p=18176&hilit=+cap+c51+warranty#p18176

2) Defective 3.3V CAP on WS-8-150-AC, WS-8-150-DC, and WS-6-MINI - Covered under warranty
This was from an out of spec CAP used in 2 production runs of these units. Not all units will have an issue and to our best estimates we feel this can affect 2%-5% of units. The symptom is that unit will reboot if the user is using at least 3 or more active ports. Some unit will work fine up to 5 or more ports. We have extended this issue to be covered to the life of the switch so if you don't realize you have the issue for 3 years it is still covered under warranty.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion