RX Drops

s7stem-abotbyl

RX Drops

Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:49 am

Has anyone else experienced a high amount of RX Drops on the WISP Switch?

We're seeing stats like this across the board on multiple switches with different APs (Cambium, Netonix, Ubiquiti etc)
Attachments
rx drops.png

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: RX Drops

Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:19 pm

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3030&p=20440&hilit=+rx+drops+google#p20440

Also keep your firmware up to date.

We are on v1.5.0 and v1.5.1rc2
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

dcox

Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:26 pm

s7stem-abotbyl wrote:Has anyone else experienced a high amount of RX Drops on the WISP Switch?

We're seeing stats like this across the board on multiple switches with different APs (Cambium, Netonix, Ubiquiti etc)

Yes, I'm seeing one switch do the same thing. I'm pushing about 30megs of traffic through this one WS-MINI and getting about 2% Rx Drops.
I've only started looking for it after customer complaints. I'm not sure what the problem is yet. Did you resolve your issue? We are running the latest firmware.

At this point I don't suspect it to be an issue with the netonix design. I have 10 other WS-MINIs and their RX drops are very minuscule if any.
This could be a network issue or a faulty component somewhere. I'm going to have to investigate. Our Rx Drops are incrementing like crazy on this one.

Duane

dcox

Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:39 pm

s7stem-abotbyl wrote:Has anyone else experienced a high amount of RX Drops on the WISP Switch?

Have you made any VLAN changes to the switch?
Specifically, have you deleted VLAN1 ?

I've just noticed that some of my RX drops are related to the fact that I have removed VLAN1 from the switch (I'm not using it).
There must be some traffic on my network without any tags coming into the WS-MINI and getting dropped at the ingress. I'll have to sort that out, but after I added VLAN1 and assigned it "U" to the ingress port, a significant number of my RX drops stopped. I probably have another issue that is causing the others. I'll have to continue to investigate.

Return to General Discussion