Feature request(s): CLI enhancements

slimey

Feature request(s): CLI enhancements

Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:54 pm

Coming to the Netonix switches from a Cisco background, I'm a big fan of CLI management, as well as other cross-vendor toolsets for managing networks, such as Rancid for configuration archiving.

Whilst I largely manage the few Netonix switches I've got via the Web UI, I've had several occasions this week where I've only been able to gain CLI access (by hopping through other devices on a 'broken' network), and found that I was unable to do a few things that I would have hoped would be available from the CLI.

So, as a starter for 10:

1) On a WS-12-250-DC switch, "show status" reports the input voltage/current, but it's not there on a WS-8-150-DC running the same version of software (but it's in the WebUI). I know the WS-8-150-DC doesn't have the full PSU manager, but as the data is available on the WebUI (and SNMP), can we have it on the CLI too?

2) "show config" outputs the current config in JSON format. You obviously can't paste chunks of this back in to either a replacement switch or a different switch. Can we have the config output in a format that can be pasted back into config mode on the CLI?

Thanks,

Simon

mike99
Associate
Associate

Re: Feature request(s): CLI enhancements

Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:17 pm

+1 for option 2.

Or "show configuration command" like in the edgerouter.

Return to General Discussion