VLAN Trunking?

robgnet

VLAN Trunking?

Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:35 pm

Just got a Netonix Switch. The gui looks mostly like a Toughswitch. We wanted to upgrade our network with these switches and I found that there is no manual or firmware updates for this. The device has firmware 1.0.9. Can someone tell me how to enable trunk ports?

Thanks.

josh
Associate
Associate

Re: VLAN Trunking?

Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:47 pm

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:34 pm

robgnet wrote:Just got a Netonix Switch. The gui looks mostly like a Toughswitch. We wanted to upgrade our network with these switches and I found that there is no manual or firmware updates for this. The device has firmware 1.0.9. Can someone tell me how to enable trunk ports?

Thanks.

There was a page on top the switch that directed you to where the firmware is: viewforum.php?f=17

There is a thread for each of the following
firmware updates
Firmware road map
Examples and the beginnings of a manual

We made the UI similar to the ToughSwitch and many other switches on the market - SIMPLE

But ours is an improvement over the TOughSwitch UI in my opinion.

We created this forum to ask questions and if it is a real emergency you can always call me which is better than most WISP manufacturers that have to phone support.

When you say trunk ports are you talking about VLAN or LAG as many people call trunks different things? If your talking about VLANs and you already use ToughSwitches you should already feel at home.

If you are talking about LAG you should look at the examples thread as a picture is wort a thousands words
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

mhoppes
Associate
Associate

Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:51 pm

Chris,
I think he's talking about what we've all been talking about for the last few posts in several threads. The ability to pass many VLANs without having to add each VLAN by itself to the interface

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:55 pm

mhoppes wrote:Chris,
I think he's talking about what we've all been talking about for the last few posts in several threads. The ability to pass many VLANs without having to add each VLAN by itself to the interface

AH, well that is not yet implemented.

Currently not on the firmware road map but probably January.

I will soon be asking people for a list of features for further expansion of the firmware road map for new year
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

keefe007
Experienced Member

Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:48 pm

I really need this feature too!

eddmen20

Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:27 pm

I have a problem with vlan tagging, I select trunk for all my ports and make the vlan table, but the switch allows to pass traffic from vlans that are no tagged in the ports making loop, why is this happen?

mike99
Associate
Associate

Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:21 am

When you enable trunk, VLAN all pass through by default (1-4095). Don't check trunk and add several vlan or check trunk and select the vlan you want instead of the default 1-4095 VLANs.. You can change the VLAN list when you check trunk, a pop up will let you change the list of VLAN.

Return to General Discussion