Watchdog questions

tas

Watchdog questions

Tue May 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi - first post here please go easy on me. I know this has been discussed and I have searched but am looking for additional clarification.

1. I am running a WS-8-150-AC with 1.5.0rc4 firmware. I am using chrome.
2. I have some example watchdog setup and enabled with bounce and notify.
3. The email functionality works good - although I wish I could set it to either continuous or mute after one email notification. I know everyone has different use cases and it is impossible to make everyone happy.
4. When I manually bounce a port (from the port page). I get the expected log info with UP, Down, etc... information. it would be nice to see the power LED on and off for visual notification.

Watchdog questions

1. Is there a way to edit the description to be something other than the port name it references?
2. What should the log display? I see some posts here with example logs that show "failure checking 192.1689.1.101, watchdog triggered on port 9 for 60 seconds" and "Sep 8 17:57:59 pinger: Failure pinging 192.168.1.15, powering off port 10 for 10 seconds "

I get links state change information but I do not the time aspect the failure check. I am looking to understand what I should see.

To be clear - I have set watchdog up, enabled it on various ports and corresponding IPs, waited the proper times and intervals but I cannot get the bounce to take place or (what I believe) the corresponding notifications in the log. This is the information I get - "May 22 14:10:32 switch[735]: Watchdog 'AP' failure checking 172.16.15.54, watchdog triggered on port 8, action is Bounce"

Again - I apologize if this has been covered already and I missed it. Or if it is buried in some change log. I tried to do my due diligence prior to asking my questions.

Julian

Re: Watchdog questions

Tue May 22, 2018 4:01 pm

The watchdog code has been gone through for 1.5.0rc5, which is currently on track for release in the near future, depending on what our test cycle determines - watch the changelogs

Until then, one workaround for redundancy was posted in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2541&hilit=watchdog#p17821
I don't know if that helps in your use case, but hopefully it's a little better than a poke in the eye?

tas

Re: Watchdog questions

Tue May 22, 2018 4:21 pm

Thanks for your reply. I will check out the thread.

Return to General Discussion