Low/High Voltage Email Warnings FEATURE REQUEST

astounding

Low/High Voltage Email Warnings FEATURE REQUEST

Tue May 08, 2018 11:15 am

FEATURE REQUEST:
I've noticed that the emails that a Netonix generates when low or high voltage thresholds are reached or exceeded are somewhat lacking. For example:

"Low voltage warning (24.8V) - from MyNetonix (192.168.1.2)"
I noticed at a solar powered site with some very old batteries that were going bad, at night I would see lots of low voltage warnings, but the voltage show in the subject/body of those warnings was just the threshold--not the actual current input voltage of the Netonix.
The messages and subjects clearly indicate that the low voltage (or high voltage) threshold has been reached or exceeded, but the messages DO NOT SHOW CURRENT INPUT VOLTAGE--they ONLY SHOW the THRESHOLD voltage. Of course I likely have other systems monitoring things and can discover what the actual voltage is or was at the time of the alert. But it would be EXCELLENT to have actual system input voltage (at the time of the alert) in the warnings along with the threshold voltage.

SUGGESTED NEW FORMAT:
Subject: Low voltage warning (24.1V <= 24.8V) - From MyNetonix (192.168.1.2)
Low voltage warning: Actual 24.1V <= Threshold 24.8V - From MyNetonix (192.168.1.2)

And for HIGH voltage:
Subject: High voltage warning (28.8V >= 28.8V) - From MyNetonix (192.168.1.2)
High voltage warning: Actual 28.8V >= Threshold 28.8V - From MyNetonix (192.168.1.2)"

Showing ACTUAL and THRESHOLD voltages in both subject and body would be wonderful!
Thanks!

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Re: Low/High Voltage Email Warnings FEATURE REQUEST

Tue May 08, 2018 1:28 pm

Maybe I'm missing something really obvious, but when the threshold is reached and the email sent, would not the actual be the same as the threshold?

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Re: Low/High Voltage Email Warnings FEATURE REQUEST

Tue May 08, 2018 5:32 pm

astounding wrote:FEATURE REQUEST:
I've noticed that the emails that a Netonix generates when low or high voltage thresholds are reached or exceeded are somewhat lacking. For example:

"Low voltage warning (24.8V) - from MyNetonix (192.168.1.2)"
I noticed at a solar powered site with some very old batteries that were going bad, at night I would see lots of low voltage warnings, but the voltage show in the subject/body of those warnings was just the threshold--not the actual current input voltage of the Netonix.
The messages and subjects clearly indicate that the low voltage (or high voltage) threshold has been reached or exceeded, but the messages DO NOT SHOW CURRENT INPUT VOLTAGE--they ONLY SHOW the THRESHOLD voltage. Of course I likely have other systems monitoring things and can discover what the actual voltage is or was at the time of the alert. But it would be EXCELLENT to have actual system input voltage (at the time of the alert) in the warnings along with the threshold voltage.

SUGGESTED NEW FORMAT:
Subject: Low voltage warning (24.1V <= 24.8V) - From MyNetonix (192.168.1.2)
Low voltage warning: Actual 24.1V <= Threshold 24.8V - From MyNetonix (192.168.1.2)

And for HIGH voltage:
Subject: High voltage warning (28.8V >= 28.8V) - From MyNetonix (192.168.1.2)
High voltage warning: Actual 28.8V >= Threshold 28.8V - From MyNetonix (192.168.1.2)"

Showing ACTUAL and THRESHOLD voltages in both subject and body would be wonderful!
Thanks!

Noted, this feature has been added in for the next release.

Return to General Discussion