WS6 Input Voltage?

bchur83

WS6 Input Voltage?

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:41 pm

I know it is stated that the WS6 takes the input voltage and passes it through for the output of the 48V PoE and drops it down for the 24V PoE. What is the lowest voltage that the WS6 will run on? Will it run on a regulated 24VDC or even direct off a battery bank at around 27V? I am only powering 24V devices off it and don't want the added cost of a WS8-150-DC switch, nor the larger size of the WS8 over the WS6.

The WS8-150-DC fits ok inside a small enclosure with a pair of 12V 8AH batteries attached to a Meanwell AD-155B Power supply/charger, but I don't need the 2 SFP Ports nor the extra cost and thought that maybe a WS6 could be powered with 24V instead of 48/50V.

Will this work? Or, does anyone have any suggestions for a AC-DC power supply/UPS Function with 24V for battery bank and 48V output to switch. I have yet to find one with at least 150W of power capability. I have thought about using this Meanwell suppy with a 24v to 48v converter but that just adds cost and then I'm back to the WS8 as the better fit.

Return to General Discussion