Ubiquiti devices and Flow Control

zrob_12

Ubiquiti devices and Flow Control

Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:11 am

There was much debate over this a couple years back and since that time, I have had Flow Control disabled on all Netonix ports connected to AirFiber and AC units. I have also disabled Flow Control on the devices. Is this the recommended configuration or should I turn Flow Control back on?

mike99
Associate
Associate

Re: Ubiquiti devices and Flow Control

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:20 am

If you don't know, leave it disable.

Flow control has advantages only when you really know what your doing else, it will only affect performance and can even kill à network.

If you want to understand how to take advantage of flow control, search the forum. Chris and I have made several post on how to do it right. A safe way to do it is to allow it in rx only on the netonix and in tx and rx up to your router if it support flow control. Flow control is best when the're a single radio by vlan and a dedicated router port to this vlan since flow control pause the router physical port, not the router virtual vlan port.

P.S. : Chris, a wiki would be easier than writing again and again the same stuff.

zrob_12

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:00 pm

So, your recommendation is to set Flow Control to None on all ports of my Netonix switches?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:12 pm

zrob_12 wrote:So, your recommendation is to set Flow Control to None on all ports of my Netonix switches?

Yes, unless you do a little research on the many posts here on the forums that have gone into great detail about how it works and we discuss the UBNT Flow Control bug that I am not even sure they fixed yet with AF, AFX, and airMAX AC radios?

It all depends on your network topology and what gear your using where.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion