Netonix Manager - Last Seen: some date

David Lee

Netonix Manager - Last Seen: some date

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:17 pm

I recently (a couple weeks ago) installed a WS-12-250-DC, 1.4.9. When I try to pull it onto Netonix Manager it gives an error reading of: Last seen: some date in the near past. We are seeing SSH going to the switch but taking in excess of 30+ seconds for switch to respond. It is from time to time hitting the switch in enough time for the error code to show the the Last seen date as within the past 48 hrs, but not in enough time to allow for use of the Manager.

Initially I had a 8 port AC switch at location and we experienced no issues. Firmware is 1.4.9 and we've rebooted 3-4 times with no resolve. What next?

Julian

Re: Netonix Manager - Last Seen: some date

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:20 pm

Remove it from the Manager, reboot, re-add. Make sure only one manager instance is polling the switch, multiple Managers polling the same switch causes issues.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:23 pm

Also you can try v1.5.0rc1 on the WS-12-250-DC as it reduces the CPU load on the switch which helps many issues.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

David Lee

Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:16 pm

tried all that it came up for one second and went back down ... in mikrotik in firewall connections i can see all the netonix devices but they are using the web port and this one certain device uses port 22 for ssh

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:27 pm

David Lee wrote:tried all that it came up for one second and went back down ... in mikrotik in firewall connections i can see all the netonix devices but they are using the web port and this one certain device uses port 22 for ssh

The Manager does pull data from the switches via SSH yes, port 22 (unless changed).

NEVER install 2 managers and monitor the same switch it will cause major issues.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion