VLAN Problems

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: VLAN Problems

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:29 pm

jakestevens19 wrote:I'm using chrome but this laptop has a pretty large screen. I guess that solves that issue though if I just go to 80%.

I just looked at our OLD laptop we use to serialize and it messes up there too at more than 80% zoom
I did ask the programmers to look into it.

Laptop.png
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

jakestevens19

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Thanks Chris. I have that part figured out. The VLAN still will not pass traffic though. Am I missing a step? I've done this lots with Ubiquiti switches but never with a netonix so I may be missing something.

jakestevens19

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:09 pm

Attached is the config I am working with. The router is in port 14 and I am attempting to pass traffic over VLAN 200 to a mikrotik AP that is on port 9. Please let me know what I am missing in the Netonix config. Thank you
Attachments
netonix vlan config.PNG
switch config
151 router config.PNG
router config

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:58 pm

OK, this is not a question about the switch UI or how to use the switch but rather about how to use VLANs.

We follow the 802.1Q "Standard" which means VLANs work the same on our switch as any other switch.

If your router is on port 14 and the router is setup to send packets to the switch encapsulated with a VLAN ID of 200 then Port 14 on VLAN 200 needs to be a "T" which means that packets that will be accepted for ingress on port 14 from the router will be encapsulated and have a VLAN ID Tag of 200.

Since you have a "U" on port 14 on VLAN ID 200 you are telling the switch to only accept UnTagged or Unencapsulated packets.

You really need to read about 802.1Q VLANs and how to use them and how they work.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Previous
Return to General Discussion