WS-26-500-DC intermittent power issues??

intellipop

Re: WS-26-500-DC intermittent power issues??

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:05 am

I just checked on our non rebooting switch, it has less load and it's version is...

Power Supply Firmware Version 58
Power Supply Board Rev A

Julian

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:56 am

Quick update: am about an hour in on a test with one of ours, everything seems to be running okay. The real indication will be when I swap your unit in, if we get reboots we'll know more about where to look. Definitely need that unit here, though, so if you haven't already, submit an RMA so we can really get rolling.

Below test at this moment:
Model WS-26-500-DC
Firmware v1.4.9
Input voltage 26 +/- volts
Load: 250+/- watts
- Ports 1-6 using 48VH 35 +/- watts each port

test.png

David Lee

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Julian-got busy on another project and have not yet finished up this one. Since we last communicated I put a 12 port DC unit in place of this one and have not had any of the above issues. I'm hearing from other 24 port DC users that they are experiencing like issues. What are you hearing/seeing? What is the next step on the 24 port DC unit that we started working on 2 1/2 weeks ago. I need to either ship it off to be looked at or ??
david

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:17 pm

David Lee wrote:Julian-got busy on another project and have not yet finished up this one. Since we last communicated I put a 12 port DC unit in place of this one and have not had any of the above issues. I'm hearing from other 24 port DC users that they are experiencing like issues. What are you hearing/seeing? What is the next step on the 24 port DC unit that we started working on 2 1/2 weeks ago. I need to either ship it off to be looked at or ??
david

Yes we are waiting on getting your unit back to test it.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Julian

Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:18 pm

David Lee wrote:Julian-got busy on another project and have not yet finished up this one. Since we last communicated I put a 12 port DC unit in place of this one and have not had any of the above issues. I'm hearing from other 24 port DC users that they are experiencing like issues. What are you hearing/seeing? What is the next step on the 24 port DC unit that we started working on 2 1/2 weeks ago. I need to either ship it off to be looked at or ??
david

David - Anecdotally, I'm aware of 4 cases with switches reporting I2C errors. I've only gotten the first one in, and the culprit was a dodgy connection - if you'd like, I can get you instructions on ruling that out before you ship the switch to us - Drop me an email.

David Lee

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:21 am

Julian/Chris-
I've pulled the device off line waiting for the next step to recovery. I couldn't afford to have it continually going up/down. Do I need to send this in for closer look?
David

Julian

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:22 am

Please do.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:25 am

David Lee wrote:Julian/Chris-
I've pulled the device off line waiting for the next step to recovery. I couldn't afford to have it continually going up/down. Do I need to send this in for closer look?
David

You need to RMA it yes and we will fully test it out and see what we can find. If we find nothing it "could" be a bad charging unit that possibly drops the battery bank voltage momentarily when it kicks in and or out? GRASPING AT STRAWS AT THIS POINT.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1259#p9343
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

intellipop

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:53 pm

I checked all the switches we have and out of 6 26 port switches we have 4 that can’t manage up time over 7 days. We have 1 with 80 days and one with 10 days.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:06 pm

intellipop wrote:I checked all the switches we have and out of 6 26 port switches we have 4 that can’t manage up time over 7 days. We have 1 with 80 days and one with 10 days.

And until we get one back that has the suspected issue being reported we can not test it out to see what it is if we can recreate the issue.

It very well could be a handful of defective units or it might be something related to your sites there is no way to tell until we actually get one of these units back and test it.

We want to figure this out as much as you do but until we have a unit in hand that is reported to have this issue and we can recreate it we simply have no clue.

We have had a unit testing for days (in post above and do not see it). We could keep opening boxes and testing more and more units but this could be a fruitless endeavor. If we get a unit that is reported to have the issue and we can recreate it then we have a starting point if we can not recreate it we need to look at the environments more closely.

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion