WS-26-500-DC intermittent power issues??

intellipop

Re: WS-26-500-DC intermittent power issues??

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:36 am

We sent a unit back to you about a week ago. I'd expect you'd have it by now.

As for our sites... we have an entire range of different power solutions with 26's deployed. So lets go over them and share with you how we have found the switch stability at each.

1) Solar Site, voltages range from 23 to 30 volts. ( Switch Crashes Weekly )
2) DC site with Minn kota charger, 57 volts is the normal high, and 50 is the normal low (Switch Crashes Weekly)
3) DC site with a power supply, 25 volts stable, running on a meanwell powersupply (Switch is stable with 60+ days uptime)
4) Solar Site, voltages range from 23 to 30 volts (Switch Crashes Weekly)
5) AC to DC powersupply, normal voltage 26 volts (Switch Crashes 2+ times per week)
6) 48V Minn Kota battery bank 4 12 volts in a string, normal voltage range 50-57 volts. (Switch has been stable for about 9 days, normally crashes weekly)

So from 6 switches deployed, we have one stable switch and 5 crashing weekly switches. I'm hoping this is just a bad batch all next to each other, because the 26 port experience has greatly impacted our ability to maintain uptime.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:23 am

I have been looking for your WS-26-500-DC unit to get in so we can start testing it, I will check again on Monday. I am very anxious to get to testing it. So far no one has given it to me to put into testing. I even went out and bought more load generators so we could do the testing properly. Can you check your tracking and verify we have it please?

And to be clear when you say crashing you mean it reboots?

I am glad you explained above that some sites are 24V we have been discussing this issue almost daily and a lot of our theories have been revolving around what possibly could be happening around 48V banks.

Also to be clear, these same sites used to have WS-12-250-DC units and they had no issue, only started to occur when replaced with a WS-26-500-DC?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:42 am

Do you possibly have a SNMP monitoring of these switches?

Would be real curious to look at the controller temps leading up to the reboot

ct.png
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:49 am

Could post up a screen grab of the Device/Config TAB please.

intellipop

Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:58 am

sirhc wrote:I have been looking for your WS-26-500-DC unit to get in so we can start testing it, I will check again on Monday. I am very anxious to get to testing it. So far no one has given it to me to put into testing. I even went out and bought more load generators so we could do the testing properly. Can you check your tracking and verify we have it please?

And to be clear when you say crashing you mean it reboots?

I am glad you explained above that some sites are 24V we have been discussing this issue almost daily and a lot of our theories have been revolving around what possibly could be happening around 48V banks.

Also to be clear, these same sites used to have WS-12-250-DC units and they had no issue, only started to occur when replaced with a WS-26-500-DC?

We had 12's at these sites before with 6+ months uptime. Some of the sites are new builds with 26 port switches from the start, but at least 3 had 12 port switches before.

intellipop

Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:59 am

We do have some monitoring but it must be configured on a per OID basis. If you can share the OID I can give a go at setting up a probe for this specific thing. However, keep in mind it's winter here temps in our cabinets are near 32F.

intellipop

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:07 pm

This one has been crashing every 48 hours lately.

sirhc wrote: I "think" the you are saying it "reboots" on its own not a "crash" which requires user intervention to bring back?

warehousesw.png

intellipop

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:08 pm

FYI, we have this on 1.4.7 to see if it made a difference from 1.4.9, and they all seem to crash about the same rate when looking at firmware versions.

sirhc wrote: I "think" the you are saying it "reboots" on its own not a "crash" which requires user intervention to bring back?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:20 pm

Please be careful of your words used to describe the issue, is it crashing which would indicate that it locks up or something which requires a user to bring back up or is it simply "rebooting".

These descriptions are important.

I "think" you are saying it "reboots"?

Crashing would be issue on the switch rebooting could be code issue on the switch or the power supply.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:23 pm

Also wanted the Device/Config TAB

Also please like to request main Status TAB

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion