WS-6-MINI 24VH date?

sporkman

WS-6-MINI 24VH date?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:15 am

This one had me stumped for a bit today. We had a mini that was acting odd (became unreachable and did not pass traffic, but kept supplying power to all devices). On port 2, we have a metrolinq which I'd set to 24VH. I grabbed a copy of the config, and then loaded it into another mini we had in stock. We then swapped units and I noticed port 2 was down and POE was set to "off". I turned it on and realized that 24VH was not an option.

I think we have a few more minis in the office, how can I tell which ones support 24VH without actually powering them up and checking in the web UI? I couldn't find anything in the forum here that stated when that feature was added.

Thanks!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-6-MINI 24VH date?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:48 am

Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sporkman

Re: WS-6-MINI 24VH date?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:16 am

So i actually put in.a newer switch. Got it.

Still I literally got this from Hal at Ignitenet today:

24V regular power is iffy for the ML 1G. The ML 2.5G can run on 48V power (48V will smoke a 1G unit though). By iffy, I mean it might be flakey.

So 24VH is the preferred option for the 1G metrolinq. I asked him to clarify if for the 2.5G units he means 48VH or 48V. The 2.5G ships with a 24VH injector, FWIW.

Of note, we probably use these differently since we're on top of buidlings. We have one run up to the roof and then the switch is colocated with the wifi gear. So we have a long run to the switch, but then from switch to radio, we're generally somewhere under 15 feet, so there should be very little voltage drop.

Return to General Discussion