Prism Gen2 power

vnce

Prism Gen2 power

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:27 pm

Ok I have a few prism Gen2 we have installed on our network in mixed mode as we are upgrading our clients, i have noticed that once we have at least 2 clients on AC gear and the rest maybe 15 clients on old N Gear still the gen2 radio will push 20.3watts not just once in awhile but quite abit.. on the gen2's that have only N clients still the wattage looks completely normal maxing around 13-14 watts the amount of traffic flowing and which direction seems to not matter,, It will push 45mbs on tx meaning download to the clients and the wattage stays normal and then just out of the blue it will spike,, and throughput will just be normal 20mbs..

any ideas or am i just worried for no reason? I only ask because one of the radios we have doing this has dropped connection 13 times in the middle of the night all of a sudden and now i have some upset customers.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Prism Gen2 power

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:42 pm

Put up screen grabs of the following TABs

Status - have the power graph selected on the bottom showing power consumption on the port your talking about.

Device/Status
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

vnce

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:06 pm

I am attaching a few screen shots, I just watched it for a couple min here, but as of right now the max is 19.7, as you can see its not passing a ton of traffic at that wattage and i have one where its sending 30 some mbs and the wattage is normal.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 12.51.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 12.52.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 12.52.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 12.52.42 PM.png
Last edited by vnce on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:43 pm

OK We can not see your pictures.

PLEASE follow the instructions in my post signature on how to upload pictures

To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON

Go back and "edit" your post and upload the pictures properly please
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:15 pm

sirhc wrote:Put up screen grabs of the following TABs

Status - have the power graph selected on the bottom showing power consumption on the port your talking about.

Device/Status

When I asked for the Status TAB and display the Power Usage Graph this is what I wanted to see

CLICK IMAGE BELOW TO VIEW FULL SIZE
Note: that I placed the image in line after I uploaded and then added the text above about clicking on it.
Status.png

CLICK IMAGE BELOW TO VIEW FULL SIZE
Note: that I placed the image in line after I uploaded and then added the text above about clicking on it.
Device.png

vnce

Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:54 pm

ok its spiking less now as we have completed the upgrade today on all clients associated with the sector and it is no longer in mixed mode, so sorry i didnt get the images you wanted from before.

also i am aware of the errors they are caused when the ap would be rebooted while clients were passing traffic (call center trying to be helpful), also it hasn't gotten a new error in 2 days as no one is allowed to reboot with out permission. , cable tested out and has been inspected.. there were no errors on the rocket N we had on this as well.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 4.52.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 4.51.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 4.51.14 PM.png

vnce

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Just an update from us,, it looks like we had a new prism gen 2 have an issue,, I cant tell you what the issue is with it but we decided to replace the prism, and have had zero errors and power usage is normal again.. on the other ones that are spiking it seems to only spike like that when they are in mixed mode, once we completed upgrades on our client side to full AC the power spikes have stabilized..

this is only on the Gen 2 equipment the original Prism does not have this issue

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Make sure you BOND the electrical service ground rods to the tower ground rods with heavy #2 wire. <= VERY IMPORTANT

If the electrical service is older I would add 1 ro 2 NEW ground rods to existing electrical service ground rods. <= VERY IMPORTANT

Here are some good posts on grounding:
http://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php? ... 279#p19279
http://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1816
http://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=188
http://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php? ... =30#p13447
http://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1429

Return to General Discussion