STP - Cisco to Netonix

sporkman

STP - Cisco to Netonix

Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:40 am

I'm not much of a layer 2 guy and have been able to mostly avoid thinking about STP. But I'm finding that so much WISP-ish gear pretty much requires bridging, and in our case, trunking VLANs as well that I'm finally finding a link that I want to try to figure this out on.

We have a Cisco 3750 at one end, and a Netonix WS-6-Mini at the other. Currently there's a single path via some 5GHz ubnt gear and we have 4 or 5 VLANs going across. So trunk port on the cisco -> UBNT -> UBNT -> Netonix with the port the UBNT is in set to have VLAN 1 untagged and the other tagged. Works great, no problems.

We're adding a parallel link with a Metrolinq 60GHz unit because we need the bandwidth, and I'd prefer to keep the UBNT in place for backup.

What are my options to have these parallel links and not generate a loop and prioritizing the Metrolinq?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: STP - Cisco to Netonix

Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:06 am

Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sporkman

Re: STP - Cisco to Netonix

Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:29 pm

Finally took a look at that, and it all makes some sense. But everything I see about Cisco in the mix seems to spell disaster. Anyone running a combo of cisco and netonix?

Return to General Discussion