POE 48V Power up intervals

chris.torney

POE 48V Power up intervals

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Hi Netonix,

I am experiencing issues when a switch reboots that has a lot of 48V ports enabled and connected (Cambium ePMP2000's).

It seems like the switch can not handle so many 48V ports been activated at once. This has caused the switch to perform abnormal behaviour resulting in constant reboots.

The only way to fix is to unplug the 48V devices and log in onsite and turn the ports off manually and them turn them back on slowly.

We have never seen this issue with 24v ports enabled only.

Can you please add in a feature so that the Netonix does not get such a "shock" when booting up with lots of 48v ports enabled and connected.

I would think maybe a time offset feature could be added (manually be able to add time pause or Netonix decides the timing) between powering up enabled 48V ports so they are not all turning on at once.

I do not have any logs at this stage unfortunately to share, but if it happens again i will endeavour to provide some. This has happened a few times but generally our switches do not go out except in certain circumstances like a UPS dies.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: POE 48V Power up intervals

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:55 pm

So the important information here that is needed to help you would be:

Model of switch?

If it is a DC switch how are you powering it?

Firmware version?

Also screen grabs of the following TABs:
Status
Ports
Power
Device/Status
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion