New 24 port more expensive and no rack mount?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: New 24 port more expensive and no rack mount?

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Our power supply failures are less that 0.1% so the dual power supply would simply add money for very little return.

Seriously tens of thousands of switches sold and less than 5 actual power supply failures.

DISCLAIMER: This does not include the ONE batch of defective 250W power supplies we received but still even if there had been 2 power supply both could have been defective. 100+/- 250 power supplies were faulty but they failed in a matter of ours if the power demand on them was less than 30-60 watts. If they had more than 30-60 watt load they never failed. When they failed they would work again after they cooled down. It was a faulty CAP the manufacturer of the power supply used.

All our new rack mount ears have a slot in them that allows the AC power cord to neatly wrap around and go towards the back if mounting in a rack.

No other switch on the market can power (6) 48VH devices like AF24 / MIMOSA and has 24VH ports for Ignite radios.

Our next generation of switches to be announced end of year have a lot of other requested features.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

mblfone

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:12 pm

sirhc wrote:Our power supply failures are less that 0.1% so the dual power supply would simply add money for very little return.

Seriously tens of thousands of switches sold and less than 5 actual power supply failures.

DISCLAIMER: This does not include the ONE batch of defective 250W power supplies we received but still even if there had been 2 power supply both could have been defective. 100+/- 250 power supplies were faulty but they failed in a matter of ours if the power demand on them was less than 30-60 watts. If they had more than 30-60 watt load they never failed. When they failed they would work again after they cooled down. It was a faulty CAP the manufacturer of the power supply used.

All our new rack mount ears have a slot in them that allows the AC power cord to neatly wrap around and go towards the back if mounting in a rack.

No other switch on the market can power (6) 48VH devices like AF24 / MIMOSA and has 24VH ports for Ignite radios.

Our next generation of switches to be announced end of year have a lot of other requested features.

It isn't your power supplies about which I am concerned. I have designed our sites with two fully backed up AC power banks. If I loose one it is nice to still have the critical equipment (routers, core servers, POE switches) able to continue operations in the event we have a AC bank failure. This gets expensive because I buy two of everything power related: wiring (electrician), breakers, backup, transfer switches, UPS, and on and on. If it saves me a 45 minute outage, it is worth it. As we continue to upgrade, I hope that this becomes a standard equipment option.

Also, to what are you referring when you mention boxes? What are people using necessitating small form factor switches?

I appreciate your rack mount design to allow the cord to go to the back of the switch. Having AC on the back is standard on our sites. It allows us to keep the data away from the power.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:41 am

A lot of WISPs have "small" NEMA boxes so the original 24 port was way too big to fit so we shrank it down to fit in smaller boxes.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Previous
Return to General Discussion