WS-6-MINI Losing Connection

fvelasco

WS-6-MINI Losing Connection

Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:00 pm

Hello,

We have a WS-6-Mini switch that we are using to power up IP cameras. For the last couple days the unit has been locking up and we are unable to connect to the management page and the video feeds are dropped.The only way to get it to work is to cycle the power, then it's up for a short period then locks up again. Does the unit shut it self off if it's in a high-temperature stage? I cycled the power on it again and I was able to get to theImage management page, I went to the status page and notice it was running hot. Is this an issue?

Imagehttps://ibb.co/jTBORk

Julian

Re: WS-6-MINI Losing Connection

Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:21 pm

this isn't thermal, it is the 3.3v issue mentioned elsewhere on these forums: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2796&p=19872&hilit=cap+problem#p19873

Please RMA, we will repair at no charge, instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1259&p=20516&hilit=rma#p20516

fvelasco

Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:06 pm

@julian

Is it the symptoms that I described that make you think that it's a 3.3V cap issue or is it something obvious on the screenshot I took? We don't have a spare POE, so the system will be down during this period. I just want to make sure it's not a thermal (environmental) issue versus a hardware defect.

Julian

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:15 am

it's a combination of the described symptoms and the MAC address, which puts the date of manufacture right in the middle of the affected date range.

LRL
Experienced Member

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:30 am

I'm having a very simular issue with a ws-6. Before the switch reboots it looses all links with the connected radios and then after a 1-4 minutes reboots, cycles all radios and all comes back for a while. My mac is ec:13:b2:91:aa:82 and looks in line with the above one. Does this sound like the same?
-LRL

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

Julian

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:55 am

Does seem to be, best to let me take a look.

Please RMA the unit for repair.

Return to General Discussion