Convert AC Unit to DC

now

Convert AC Unit to DC

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:11 pm

I bought a couple WS-12-250-AC thinking there's no way were going to need DC, I was wrong. Is it possible to take the AC PSU out of these units and power them direct from our 24v system? or will we run into firmware or other issues if we do so. I do understand once opened it voids the warranty.

Thanks,

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Convert AC Unit to DC

Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:14 pm

You can NOT power the board from 24V

The switchboard wants 48V

Basically the switchboard inside a WS-12-250-AC is a WS-12-DC which has no power supply.

A WS-12-250-DC has our SMART DC power supply that works with 9-72V input then converts to 50V and feeds the switch board.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

now

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Can I purchase the SMART DC power supply from Netonix so I can avoid Alibaba?

Thanks,

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:59 pm

now wrote:Can I purchase the SMART DC power supply from Netonix so I can avoid Alibaba?

Thanks,

Not sure what you mean by Alibaba, do you mean sell the ones you have on Alibaba?

Even if I would sale you the DC power supply the chassis for the AC model will not accept the DC power supply (they are vastly differnt).
Then the AC model chassis does not have the DC terminal lugs and internal wiring harness from the lugs to the DC power plant.
Then there is the missing I2C cable not present on the AC model that goes between the switch board and the DC power plant.
Then there is the differnt serialization required so the switch board thinks it is an AC model so it will not talk to the DC power plant through the missing I2C cable.

You really can not convert an AC model to a DC model without a new chassis, add DC lugs and internal wiring harness, add I2C cable between switch board and power plant, and then finally the serialization to the switchboard to tell it what model it is has to be changed.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

now

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:45 pm

Perfect, I will leave it alone.

Thanks!

Return to General Discussion