Compatible SFP Modules - FIRST POST IS COMPILED LIST

yoder

Re: Compatible SFP Modules

Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:40 am

We use an OEM version of these:

Mikrotik S-35LC20D

http://www.amazon.com/S-35LC20D-T1310nm ... B00SU7K2J4

When we plug them in to the Netonix switch, they show connected but they don't work -- can't pass traffic.

Chris, is the offer open for us to send you a pair of these modules so you can try them out?

Keith

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:19 am

yoder wrote:We use an OEM version of these:

Mikrotik S-35LC20D

http://www.amazon.com/S-35LC20D-T1310nm ... B00SU7K2J4

When we plug them in to the Netonix switch, they show connected but they don't work -- can't pass traffic.

Chris, is the offer open for us to send you a pair of these modules so you can try them out?

Keith

Are you using v1.3.8 or v1.3.9rc6 then notice you can change the "Link" Between "1G" and "Auto" - Try both settings
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

designweb

Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:24 pm

Upgrading from 1.3.4 one at a time through to 1.3.9rc on WS12-250B same problem, no matter which firmware, I have a SM fibre link to an Extreme switch with Extreme compatible at each end and as usual locked both ends to Gig auto off in order to get port up and traffic flow. Client Draytek connected to copper port on Extreme switch, Fibre to port 13, Airfibre on port 1 on POE, vlan tagged through WS12-250B untagged on Extreme copper port, all good and working.
Connected PTP650 to port 12 as alternative connection via another tower back to fibre POP, shutdown Airfibre open PTP port, Draytek goes offline. Mac table shows Draytek coming in on fibre as before but WS24-200B at other end of PTP cannot see Draytek Mac.
hope you can follow that, nothing in logs except me adding and removing vlans
Making Rural Internet a Reality

adairw
Associate
Associate

Copper SFP no go

Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:34 pm

I just thought I'd thow this out for anyone who has trouble in the future.
I just tried to use a NCOM GLT-T Copper SFP in a WS24 and it ran for a couple of hours and quit.
This is the only one I have (I think) but I've tried it two different times and both times it worked for awhile and stopped. It's going in the trash as I don't trust it to be used with anything else. Not sure if it's the switch that doesn't like it or it doesn't like the switch.
Hope this is helpful to someone else.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Copper SFP no go

Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:38 pm

adairw wrote:I just thought I'd thow this out for anyone who has trouble in the future.
I just tried to use a NCOM GLT-T Copper SFP in a WS24 and it ran for a couple of hours and quit.
This is the only one I have (I think) but I've tried it two different times and both times it worked for awhile and stopped. It's going in the trash as I don't trust it to be used with anything else. Not sure if it's the switch that doesn't like it or it doesn't like the switch.
Hope this is helpful to someone else.

Thanks but moved post into thread created to report SFP modules that work or do not work.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

msd-support

Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:32 am

Hi All

Has there been a final populated list from all these comments as to what is known to be working or not SFP wise in the Netonix Range?

The most common setup's are normally between Netonix to Ubiquiti or MikroTik (in the deployments we have dealt with)
Rather than having to trawl through 7 pages worth of comments (which i have had to do this time to find what I'm looking for be it only a yes it works..)

Can there please be a sticky post with a Complete list of what's working and what's not - I fully understand that there are 1000's of combinations and even more modules but the most common are MikroTik, Cisco and TP-Link modules in these setups

:thumbsup:

Many thanks
Kevin Titmarsh
MS (Distribution) UK Ltd - Technical Support

Consultant Engineer's for MikroTik, Ubiquiti, Mimosa, Siklu and many more
http://www.msdist.co.uk/

Eric Stern
Employee
Employee

Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:10 pm

There have been a few reports of the Mikrotik S-35LC20D/S-53LC20D SFPs not working. I finally got a pair in to test them, and they worked right away. Both 1G and Auto (both switches must have the same setting of course). Not sure what to suggest for the people who had problems with them except try the latest firmware.

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

copper SFP compatability?

Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:16 am

Has anyone tested any copper sfp modules in the wisp switches?

specifically the mikrotik S-RJ01:
http://routerboard.com/S-RJ01

I ask because I'd like to preserve copper ports on the WS12 units. I'm using mikrotik rb850gx2 units in a router-on-a-stick configuration. I have 5 ports on the routerboard and it would be really great to pop in an SFP copper modules in the a WS and power the routerboard off one PoE and LAG them together. Maybe do 2 copper SFP just to make the LAG happier.

I'd look at another model, but the only non-MIPS routerboard less than a CCR is the RB850Gx2. This unit has been performing really great and very reliable, while the MIPS units haven't.

Been considering a move from 'tik but edgerouters aren't there yet for me and i'll never again in my life hold up the business waiting for ubiquiti to release a product. rb850gx2 is a fantastic little router right now and can handle everything an AF5X backhauled site can throw at it.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: copper SFP compatability?

Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:28 am

rebelwireless wrote:Has anyone tested any copper sfp modules in the wisp switches?

specifically the mikrotik S-RJ01:
http://routerboard.com/S-RJ01

I ask because I'd like to preserve copper ports on the WS12 units. I'm using mikrotik rb850gx2 units in a router-on-a-stick configuration. I have 5 ports on the routerboard and it would be really great to pop in an SFP copper modules in the a WS and power the routerboard off one PoE and LAG them together. Maybe do 2 copper SFP just to make the LAG happier.

I'd look at another model, but the only non-MIPS routerboard less than a CCR is the RB850Gx2. This unit has been performing really great and very reliable, while the MIPS units haven't.

Been considering a move from 'tik but edgerouters aren't there yet for me and i'll never again in my life hold up the business waiting for ubiquiti to release a product. rb850gx2 is a fantastic little router right now and can handle everything an AF5X backhauled site can throw at it.

Moving this post from the "Share Your Installation Pictures" to the thread you should find more useful. :ak:

twilliams@iasl.com

SFP Compatibility

Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:04 pm

Evening All,

Just wondering if there is a published list of compatible SFP modules that work with the Netonix line of switches, we have purchased a number of them now and have a need to start deploying fiber as the uplink to them.

Will the Cisco GLC line work or should we use the Cisco SFP line? That way we can use the same modules as we have at other sites.

Thanks

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion