Compatible SFP Modules - FIRST POST IS COMPILED LIST

andy

Re: Compatible SFP Modules

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:22 am

So here we are again with SFP's that don't work. just tried the mikrotik S-RJ01 SFP to RJ45 and they don't work. current firmware installed and default config. this is getting ridiculous

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:27 am

andy wrote:So here we are again with SFP's that don't work. just tried the mikrotik S-RJ01 SFP to RJ45 and they don't work. current firmware installed and default config. this is getting ridiculous

It would seem that MikroTik SPF modules are not well suited with our switches.

Why not use another brand SFP module or use ones in this thread that are confirmed to work?

But on a side note most SFP modules that people claim do not work when we get them in they work?

All we do is set the Port speed on the SFP module to 1G and 1G on the far side device and test.

If that does not work we set the Port speed on the SFP module to Auto and Auto on the far side device and test.

Are you trying this, setting the Speed to 1G and testing then Auto and Testing?

Some SFP modules require being set to 1G some require being set to Auto.

I have simply ordered Cisco Compatible SFP modules and I personally have never found 1 that does not work?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

andy

Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:50 pm

Setting it to 1 gig makes a link but passes no traffice. what sfp to copper is known working ? i need 4 asap

Eric Stern
Employee
Employee

Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:54 pm

andy wrote:Setting it to 1 gig makes a link but passes no traffice. what sfp to copper is known working ? i need 4 asap

I have NCOM GLC-T and LongLine GLC-T-LL modules in my lab that work fine. Anything labeled GLC-T will probably be fine.

I've ordered the S-RJ01 modules for testing.

mnitech

Copper SFP not passing traffic

Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:55 am

I have a WS-12-250-DC running 1.4.4. It has a Mikrotik S-RJ01 SFP that is connected to a Mikrotik RB2011 standard GigE port. Both ends show "up" and transmit counters are incrementing but the receive counters are at zero. I tried to turn auto-negotiation off on the Mikrotik but then that port doesn't show up. If I set the switch to "AUTO" then that port shows down. I have also connected them at 100Mbps without success.

Any ideas on the right settings to use?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Copper SFP not passing traffic

Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:13 pm

mnitech wrote:I have a WS-12-250-DC running 1.4.4. It has a Mikrotik S-RJ01 SFP that is connected to a Mikrotik RB2011 standard GigE port. Both ends show "up" and transmit counters are incrementing but the receive counters are at zero. I tried to turn auto-negotiation off on the Mikrotik but then that port doesn't show up. If I set the switch to "AUTO" then that port shows down. I have also connected them at 100Mbps without success.

Any ideas on the right settings to use?

First thing I did was I moved your post into the proper thread where it is now.

Next I have answered this above, click on this link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=293&p=15592&hilit=Auto#p15592
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Kevlar

Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:57 pm

We are having the same issue with the MikroTik S-RJ01 SFP on the WS-8-150-DC with the recent firmware upgrade. :headb:

Plugged in two SFP's and no ping happiness across either of the ports.

Which SFP would you recommend?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:37 am

Kevlar wrote:We are having the same issue with the MikroTik S-RJ01 SFP on the WS-8-150-DC with the recent firmware upgrade. :headb:

Plugged in two SFP's and no ping happiness across either of the ports.

Which SFP would you recommend?

Your in a thread where people have reported many that work fine. Why not skim up through this thread and pick one people have reported to work fine?

Eric Stern
Employee
Employee

Re: Mikrotik S-85DLC05D SFP Module

Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:41 pm

f.cucci@el-com.it wrote:Hi All,

Netonix Switches WS12-250-DC – Firm. Version 1.4.4

I’m trying to connect two Netonix switch with a couple of Mikrotik S-85DLC05D but it seems not work. Can someone tell me if these modules are compatiple ?

In the log file there are many lines of resetting and restarting port N.14 where I connect the spf module.

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you,

I got these modules in my lab, they work fine. There must be something wrong with your modules or your switch. I suggest trying different modules. If they work, the problem must be the switch. In that case please refer to this information to RMA the switch: http://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1259

the12die4

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:20 pm

Are there any updates on the MikroTik S-RJ01 modules working with Netonix switches? I'd really appreciate it if these would work since I can't source anything else from my distributor.
I happen to have ordered 4 of them because I went through this thread and read that someone had suggested them and stated that they were working. So is this a case-by-case issue?
NOT WORKING! :mad:

I need to know, which SFP -> RJ45 module works with the latest Netonix firmware and will continue to operate in the future?

TY.

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion