Compatible SFP Modules - FIRST POST IS COMPILED LIST

ste

Re: Compatible SFP Modules

Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:52 am

sirhc wrote:Flow Control must be turned ON with the WISP Switch (it is ON by Default)

For Flow Control to work the Ports Speed must be set to Auto as Flow Control is a Function of the Auto Negotiation Protocol on any product.

Yes. My problem is to find a SingleMode SFP Module which works flawless with Autonegotiation and Flow Control
in the WISP Switch.
Every combination I tried did not work at all or needs the switch connected to the WISP Switch configured at a
fixed rate to get a working link.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:25 am

Are there any SFP modules listed in this thread that are known to work that you could use?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:30 am

There are literally thousands of different SPF modules on the market so there is no way we can purchase 2 of each and test each one.

See if there is an SFP module already listed to work that you can acquire.

If there is none that will work then list the model you would most like to work and we can purchase 2 and test and see if we can support it but this is not a fast process as first we need to order them.

Then we need to get Eric to look at them and modify code if it is possible then test the code and finally push it out.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

ste

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:40 am

sirhc wrote:Are there any SFP modules listed in this thread that are known to work that you could use?

This is why I asked this:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=293&start=20#p6412

ste

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:45 am

sirhc wrote:There are literally thousands of different SPF modules on the market so there is no way we can purchase 2 of each and test each one.

See if there is an SFP module already listed to work that you can acquire.

If there is none that will work then list the model you would most like to work and we can purchase 2 and test and see if we can support it but this is not a fast process as first we need to order them.

Then we need to get Eric to look at them and modify code if it is possible then test the code and finally push it out.

The Mikrotik SM Module is available worldwide and cheap: http://routerboard.com/S-31DLC20D.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:08 am

ste wrote:Every combination I tried did not work at all or needs the switch connected to the WISP Switch configured at a
fixed rate to get a working link.
At the risk of stating the obvious, auto-negotiation requires both sides to work right. If an SFP auto-negotiates well between two WISP switches then you need to test whether they auto-negotiate with two of your 3rd party switches/routers. Only after that can cross-compatibility be brought into question.

In other words, if WS-to-WS works and 3rd-party-to-3rd-party works then there is a cross-compatibility issue.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:39 am

The Mikrotik SM Module is available worldwide and cheap:
http://routerboard.com/S-31DLC20D.

I will ask Eric to purchase 2 of these and test for you but this is NOT a fast thing.

Will take 2 weeks or so.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:36 pm

So your in LUCK "sort of"
I asked Eric to get these SFP modules in and test and his reply was
I already have these modules. I just retested them, between 2 WS's and between a WS and a Netgear switch. Works fine, no configuration needed.

I asked him to test between WS and MT router board but he does not have one. I did tell him to look at getting one.
I think someone already asked for these modules to work and we did several firmware revisions ago?

Here is a picture of the modules Eric has and tested.
eric.jpg
eric.jpg (15.81 KiB) Viewed 26723 times

ste

Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:41 am

Same module I have for testing in a WS-12-250. I only have one MT Module spare so I have to use other modules at the other side. Regardless what switch/SFP Module combination I use at the other side I have to force 1000MBit/FDX to get the link up.

This looks to me like the Mikrotik Module runs at 1000FDX default and ignores the command to switch to autonegotiation mode given by WS-12-250?

boydsoftprez

Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:11 pm

I have Some FiberStore BiDi 1310 / 1550 20Km BLSFP-1G35-20-CO and BLSFP-1G53-20-CO Modules that kinda work. I feel this behaviour must be a software bug in the netonix firmware. Here is what I am experiancing.

If I disable flow-control while the module is inserted it will start working. If I pull the module out and plug it back it it wont "initialize" the module. Any ideas why I am seeing this behavior?
Wic-Ew7n28eOkZl1wbwe8F3YcO7LJ75znTU4C2UMz6k.jpg
Wic-Ew7n28eOkZl1wbwe8F3YcO7LJ75znTU4C2UMz6k.jpg (163.3 KiB) Viewed 26702 times

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion