Compatible SFP Modules - FIRST POST IS COMPILED LIST

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Compatible SFP Modules - FIRST POST IS COMPILED LIST

Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:43 pm

sabielmona wrote:Hello,

Is this thread for SFP compatible modules for the WS-12 switch series?

Looking to connect WS-12-250-AC to a UBNT on the ethernet side and using Fiber Adaptor 6 LC duplex SM 1310nm 1.25Gb/s modules on both sides of the link, i.e., 2 Netonix WS-12-250-AC with 4x of such adapters :

https://www.fs.com/products/15772.html -> TRENDnet TEG-MGBS10 Compatible 1000BASE-LX SFP 1310nm 10km DOM LC SMF Transceiver Module

Would anyone have any advice or any recommendations for compatible SFP modules for the WS-12 switches?

Thank you.

Did you look at the first post in this thread which was a compiled list of modules people reported worked or did not work.

Technically any Cisco compatible SFP module "should" work in the swutch.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sabielmona

Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:13 pm

sirhc wrote:
sabielmona wrote:Hello,

Is this thread for SFP compatible modules for the WS-12 switch series?

Looking to connect WS-12-250-AC to a UBNT on the ethernet side and using Fiber Adaptor 6 LC duplex SM 1310nm 1.25Gb/s modules on both sides of the link, i.e., 2 Netonix WS-12-250-AC with 4x of such adapters :

https://www.fs.com/products/15772.html -> TRENDnet TEG-MGBS10 Compatible 1000BASE-LX SFP 1310nm 10km DOM LC SMF Transceiver Module

Would anyone have any advice or any recommendations for compatible SFP modules for the WS-12 switches?

Thank you.

Did you look at the first post in this thread which was a compiled list of modules people reported worked or did not work.

Technically any Cisco compatible SFP module "should" work in the swutch.

I did, but saw that it was dated in 2014, suppose it was when the thread was created (I'm new there). But if that's the latest and greatest, I'll def refer to it.

Off topic: can I pin the first post for it to appear in my profile instead of searching for it everytime?

Thank you.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:58 pm

The thread was started in 2014 but we updated post #1 in the thread for years. We stopped updating the lists about 2 years ago so if you look in the list then start at the bottom of the thread and work upward you might find some users posts stating works or does not work that was not put into post 1 summary list of thread based on user feed back.

But usually our switch should be compatible with Cisco SFP modules and any Cisco compatible SFP modules.

So if the SFP follows the Cisco standard and works in a CIsco it "should" work in out switch. Key word is sentence is "should" as there are some dut to tolerances variances +/- don't

THe cheaper the SFP the greater the tolerances +/- so some will and some will not yet both are identical same SFP module. There is a post I made on how I test cheap SFP modules but basically if it works software reboot and power cycle the unit several times and verify it comes up every time.

IF it does not you will find that if you remove and re insert the module it then works so do not use it as when the unit is remotely rebooted from a firmware upgrade or power failure you might end up driving out there to remove and re-insert the module which si not acceptable. I have found cheap modules like this where 8 out of 10 work and pass my test but 1 or 2 do not always come back up in which case I use in other equipment, again tolerances +/-

Hope this helps you out. Also make sure you have latest firmware running, in WS line you should be running v1.5.11 or soon v1.5.12 to make sure updated browsers can access the switch UI.

We are working on a new WS3 firmware but latest is v2.0.7 and if new out of box or you see error when saving config changes factory default and set back up as some units shipped with a corrupted config file.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

IntL-Daniel
Experienced Member

Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:31 am

Maxlink ML-SFP-RJ45-1G (specified as Cisco compatible)

tested and seems 100% works for Netonix and MikroTik as well

mayheart
Experienced Member

Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:04 pm

Using FS.COM SFP-10G-BXU with the WS3 series. Cisco ASR920 and ASR9000 series on the other side. Working at a few sites without any issues.

JeffreyS

Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:21 pm

I have tested the following on my workbench. Not in production yet, just tested in preparation for when the day comes.

Antaira SFP-C1 (RJ45 1GB only)
Antaira SFP-S10-T
AXIOM J4859C-AX

EDIT: These were tested on a WS-8-150-AC

Bluegrass Fiber

Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:42 pm

Are Cambium Networks 1G SFP SMF LX Transceiver compatible? I am not seeing it on the list. Thanks!

mtomy2008

Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:33 am

Bluegrass Fiber wrote:Are Cambium Networks 1G SFP SMF LX Transceiver compatible? download lagu I am not seeing it on the list. Thanks!

Certainly! The Cambium Networks 1G SFP SMF LX Transceiver is indeed compatible. Let me provide you with some details:

• This transceiver supports a data rate of 1.25 Gbps and has a transmission distance of 20 km over single-mode fiber (SMF).
  • It operates at a wavelength of 1310 nm and features a FP laser transmitter along with a PIN photodiode integrated with a trans-impedance preamplifier (TIA) and an MCU control unit.
  • The transceiver complies with the SFP Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) and SFF-8472 standards.
  • It operates on a +3.3V single power supply and has an industrial temperature range of -40°C to +85°C.
  • Safety-wise, it satisfies class I laser safety requirements.

For further information, you can refer to the official documentation 1. Rest assured, this transceiver is compatible and suitable for your needs!

Previous
Return to General Discussion