LACP Mikrotik CCR 1009-7G-1c Router

Accel Wireless

LACP Mikrotik CCR 1009-7G-1c Router

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:26 am

I know in the video it shows LACP enable and using two ports but is this even capable on this router and the Netonix switch?

Is there a tutorial? I don't see anything specific to mikrotik and how to do this if its even possible.

Thanks

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: LACP Mikrotik CCR 1009-7G-1c Router

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) is part of an IEEE specification (802.3ad) that allows you to bundle several physical ports together to form a single logical channel.

LACP allows a switch to negotiate an automatic bundle by sending LACP packets to the peer.

Since we follow the standard I see no reason for us to produce a teaching manual on LACP as there are tons of material on the web to read how it works.

As far as other device support that depend on the device. "Most" routers do not support LACP such as a Cisco "router" but is supported in Cisco "switches" which is why in my video I say I am using "STATIC" LAGs between the Netonix switch and the Cisco 2951 routers at my towers.

MT though is not a normal router and I believe they support LACP but you need to refer to them on that.

A GOOGLE search of LACP:
https://www.google.com/search?q=LACP&rl ... e&ie=UTF-8
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

mblfone

Re: LACP Mikrotik CCR 1009-7G-1c Router

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:08 pm

It works!

Return to General Discussion