Flow Control Explanained

amishgenius
Associate
Associate

Flow Control Explanained

Wed May 24, 2017 9:31 pm

I'm sure flow control was explained somewhere but search did not answer my question. Yes Chris, I did use the search function, and the search function did not help me....(before you ask)

What does Both/None/Obey/Generate mean? And how should you use it?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Flow Control Explanained

Wed May 24, 2017 10:48 pm

amishgenius wrote: I'm sure flow control was explained somewhere but search did not answer my question. Yes Chris, I did use the search function, and the search function did not help me....(before you ask)
What does Both/None/Obey/Generate mean? And how should you use it?

Flow Control is defined by the IEEE 802.3x standard

Since it is an IEEE standard it functions the same on all devices the same way so any switches manual or white paper would describe how it works.

I did a Google search for: "ethernet flow control obey"
Ironically Google found a post from our Forum and a lot of other documentation on Flow Control settings.

https://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php ... 688#p13689 <----- Google found this post in our Forums
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_flow_control

I was able to find a lots of posts on our Forum with our Search and Advanced Search but funny thing was Google found the best post I think on our forums which I listed above.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

amishgenius
Associate
Associate

Re: Flow Control Explanained

Thu May 25, 2017 8:43 am

Guess it's all in what you search for. But that post is clear as mud....I need an English version.

Return to General Discussion