Setting time and date

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Setting time and date

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:30 am

Thank you for posting up all the TABs, I just wanted to make sure there was nothing else in your config messing with us which there is not that I can see.

It should work but it is not. The only thing I can think of is Windows security or firewall which allows the other computer to access the NTP server but denies the switch access.

Look into windows security and or firewall settings.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

George Bradlink

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:35 pm

sirhc wrote:Thank you for posting up all the TABs, I just wanted to make sure there was nothing else in your config messing with us which there is not that I can see. It should work but it is not. The only thing I can think of is Windows security or firewall which allows the other computer to access the NTP server but denies the switch access. Look into windows security and or firewall settings.

Thanks for your thoughts.

We reconfigured the Wisp Switch to have access to the Internet and used a public NTP server (time.nist.gov) and the time set on the WISP Switch properly.

Although the tests to the local Windows 2008 NTP server seemed to respond the same as the public servers, we guess there's something wrong with the local server.

Thanks again for the input.

George

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:53 pm

Yea has to be the NTP server as we run an internal NTP server on our Linux cluster with an invalid IP and it works fine.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Previous
Return to General Discussion