Important information about Netonix

jg0007

Re: Important information about Netonix

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:51 am

Hi, I've had a problem I have a united one (WS-12-250-DC) that has a traffic of 600MB of descent and 60 MB of ascent you take a photo at the time of the cut of the traffic I will send it to your email for you to see it. I suspected that maybe the United is getting short for this traffic. Could you tell me what the maximum capacity this unit can handle. What it explained in the previous message is if it had all the ports to its maximum capacity and traffic of 900 MB of low and rise united could you move that traffic?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:58 am

Our switches use a switch core. VSC-7427 which is capable of FULL line speed on all ports at the same time.

CLICK LINK BELOW FOP SPEC SHEET OF SWITCH CORE
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 0dLlVOS1rA

The issue you are having is NOT the capacity of the switch.

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME TECH SUPPORT STUFF, simply upload pictures to the forums thread. (see my post footer for instructions)
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:06 pm

As Julian mentioned these switches do not have 10 gig ports so you cannot move 600 MB on one port.
Julian wrote:in order to download and upload 900MB/sec, you need a 10Gbps full duplex connection - This is not something available on the WS line...

jg0007

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Ok then the information sent by Srihc and lligetfa and julian do not match are being contradicted please clarify now I am more confused :crazy:

That is to say that this unit is not able to have a constant traffic in several ports of 900 MB in one direction and 200 MB in another direction I need a security since I think that if it is as I comment lligetfa will have a bottleneck
Attachments
netonix corte.jpg

jefa

Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:08 am

It will do 1 Gbps in both directions on all ports at the same time.

1 Gbps = 1000 Mbps = 1 000 000 bits pr. second = 125 MB/s = 125 000 bytes pr. second (around 100 MB/s when you remove overhead from ethernet and IP headers).

So when you write that it does 600 MB, it can not be pr. second. It can do 600 MB in each direction in 5-6 seconds on a port. It could also be that you mean that it does 600 Mb pr. second. In that case you are only using 60% of the capacity (of the port in that direction) and is limited by something else than the switch.

In the picture, the graph is showing a usage of less than 40% of what a single port can do.

Previous
Return to General Discussion