Problem with WS-8-150-DC 

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Problem with WS-8-150-DC 

Sun May 28, 2017 10:10 am

I know we changed some things with the WS-8-150-DC during the v1.4.7rcX series firmware

We also changed some temperature sensors on the DC models in v1.4.8rcX series in regards to fan control which was important

Both of these were important but since I am away from the office for the holiday weekend I do not have access to my notes but will have access Tuesday.

I know we had to increase/change the lower limits on the WS-8-150-DC.

The WS-8-150-DC is different than the WS-12-250-DC whereas the WS-12-250-DC has a separate CPU just for the power supply and the WS-8-150-DC only has the CORE CPU and can operate to a lower voltage or something, once again no notes here.

Either way to get both these changes you need to be v1.4.8rc5 so please upgrade to that version.

So what you're running this on a 12V battery bank?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

beeman

Re: Problem with WS-8-150-DC 

Tue May 30, 2017 12:38 pm

WS-8-150-DC on bench in shed. I've upgraded to latest (1.4.8rc5) and got it running on a 12v battery with no charger on, with a couple of radios on for load. As at time of writing its been running (down) for 6 hrs and now with a voltage of 12.1. I will report back.

Setup on our Solar / Wind unit. Small 12v turbine, two 12v panels and 3 12v batteries. These will normally keep radios on for 4 weeks even under shortest days plus overcast and still. Hoped the Netonix would provide a look see at voltages plus email warnings.

Previous
Return to General Discussion