WS12-250DC poor throughput on ubnt rocket

Thom0

WS12-250DC poor throughput on ubnt rocket

Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:48 pm

Not the time to trawl posts so sorry if this is covered in a topic, I have a site that I am experiencing problems with. My setup is a 12-250DC supplied by 2 AGM batteries to make 24v and fed through a maintainance charger.

Running latest FW
Grounded

AFX5 main BH functioning fine can test throughput on a laptop pluuged into the switch and get the full 200mbps of the link
3 further ports are supplying power and data throughput to Rocket M5 radio sectors. If I speed test on the port removing the Rocket I get expected speed results. If I connect to any of the APs then I get poor downloads of around 6-12mbps but close to the full upload available on the BH of about 40mbps.

If I remove the switch (as is now) and substitute for a $10 tp link then I get the expected 80mbps download on cpe dish.

Any ideas whats causing the issue??

Thanks

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS12-250DC poor throughput on ubnt rocket

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Well depending on your network topology you can try turning ON or OFF Flow Control located on the Port Tab under the Column "FC" to see which works best for you.

If you are running a FLAT network I would turn Flow Control OFF but if you have a router at each tower and you segregate local radios ports from backhaul radio ports then I would turn Flow Control ON.

80 Mbps download on a Rocket M5 sector, that is damn impressive, you must be running 30 Mhz wide channel with no other subs and clean spectrum.

Can you post up a screen grab of the following Tabs:
Status Tab
Ports Tab
Device/Status Tab
And any other TAB that you made changes to from default.

You upload pictures by using the link below the blue "SUBMIT" button that says "Upload attachment"

Also there was a KNOWN bug in the UBNT AF firmware that caused Pause Frame Storms, make sure you are running the latest AF firmware as well as they claim they fixed it in the latest firmware.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Thom0

Re: WS12-250DC poor throughput on ubnt rocket

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Chris. Will look into the suggestions. Yea the Rockets are performing ok, about 76mbps on a 30.

Thanks

Return to General Discussion