Dragonwave Horizon Compact power

cwachs
Experienced Member

Dragonwave Horizon Compact power

Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:46 pm

I am getting ready to deploy a couple Dragonwave Horizon Compact 23 GHz radios. One end has a WS-10-250-AC switch and the other end has a WS-6-MINI switch (using a AF24 POE injector).

I see from other posts on here that there has been success powering Dragonwave Compact radios with the 48VH setting (since it uses all 4 pairs). The question I have for those of you powering these radios is:

- Is there any other hardware in the line between your Netonix and the radio?

The radio vendor is trying to convince me that I still need the POE / Surge Protector (BT-CAT6P1HP-70W) between the switch and the radio "in order for it to work all in sync."

My hope was to simply take down the Mimosa B5 radio that is currently supplying this link and replace it with the Dragonwave, make sure both switches were set to 48VH on that port and fire them up. There are Ethernet surge protectors inline on each end but they are your basic passive surge protection.

Do I need anything in line between the Netonix and the Dragonwave? How do the rest of you have this set up? Or am I safer using an external 48v power supply and injecting the POE that way for these radios?

Return to General Discussion