WS-12-250-DC Questions

Idea

WS-12-250-DC Questions

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:13 am

I have some questions regarding WS-12-250-DC, I hope these aren't already covered somewhere else, I am new to Netonix.

1. How much power does the switch use plugged into 24V with no PoE devices plugged in?
2. How long does it take from power on to PoE on?
3. How long does it take from power on to switch active?
4. How often does the fan typically run (for instance on a 24VDC supply, with more or less 6 ports of 0.3A 24V PoE, in an ambient temp of more or less 27C)?
5. Does the fan have a quiet mode or is it all or nothin?

Thanks,

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-12-250-DC Questions

Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:03 am

Idea wrote:I have some questions regarding WS-12-250-DC, I hope these aren't already covered somewhere else, I am new to Netonix.

Yes, all these have been discussed many time. There is a search box and an advanced search by clicking the little magnifying glass.

The time to ask if your questions have already answered is after you spend a few minutes using the search box and can't find an answer. :ak:

Now that I got that rant out of the way, welcome to Netonix. :cheers:

Idea wrote:1. How much power does the switch use plugged into 24V with no PoE devices plugged in?

4 to 10 watts depending on how many non POE ports are active, what the switch is doing, and if the fans are running.

If the switch is in Hibernate mode then less than 0.1 watt.

Idea wrote:2. How long does it take from power on to PoE on?
3. How long does it take from power on to switch active?

AC models less than 40 seconds a Smart DC switch a little longer

Idea wrote:4. How often does the fan typically run (for instance on a 24VDC supply, with more or less 6 ports of 0.3A 24V PoE, in an ambient temp of more or less 27C)?
5. Does the fan have a quiet mode or is it all or nothin?

The fans have 4 speeds - OFF, Low, Medium, High based on need at time.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Idea

Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:38 pm

Thanks for taking the time to put all these answers in the same place, I appreciate it.

Idea

Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:41 pm

Of note about your Search/Advanced Search: "No posts were found because the word ws-12-250-dc is not contained in any post." That's enough to throw ice on any effort.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Ja, it's the hyphens that throw it for a loop. Even wrapping it in quotes doesn't help.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:58 pm

Yea, you have to use your head and work around it and not use model # but if I can do it so can you guys as I am not the mosia and I can not walk on water.

I did however grow up in WV so I am an expert at making things work with whatever I have at my disposal because when you grow up in the back woods you most often do not have what you need so learn to make things work with what you have.

If IT work was easy then we would not have jobs.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion