ROCKET TITANIUM XW PROBLEM

victorsm

ROCKET TITANIUM XW PROBLEM

Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:05 am

Hi for everyone in this forum
Please excuse my bad english.
I own a ws-24-400A and a ws-24-400B

I have the same problem with both switches.

I have 9 rocket m5 titanium XW and the problems occurs with all of this.

I have the rocket titaniums forced to 100 mbps full duplex, and the same in the switch port.
When the switch loses the power, i reconnect it and the rockets powers up, but there is no traffic in the port.
The switch shows lots of TX packets but 0 RX packets.
I have to force the port to auto, then the switch shows 100 mb half duplex. Then i have to force the port again to 100 mbps full duplex and it cames to normality.

This behavior is very uncomfortable. If we have a problem with the power the switch has to be started manually. Human intervention is required. Has anyone had this kind of problem? The weird thing is that it happens with all the rockets. Thank you.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: ROCKET TITANIUM XW PROBLEM

Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:40 am

Never force a device speed/duplex unless no other option because if the link has any issues at all it will not link.

If your Titanium is not linking up at 1G when set to Auto on both device and switch then you have a bad cable, bad ends, or noise on the cable.

Also make sure your Rocket and Switch firmware is up to date.

I know UBNT had issue with TItanium Rockets locking occasionally with 1G connections but I think they fixed this in recent firmware?

Personally I do not use Titanium Rockets, I use Rocket M series and Rocket AC Lite series with no issues.

You could also have an issue with some Ethernet surge suppressors if your using them, try removing them and setting both switch and radio to Auto.

When I refer to noise on the line this can come from ground current if your tower ground and electrical service grounds are not properly bonded.

Here are some good posts on grounding:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1816
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=188
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1429
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1786&start=30#p13447
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airFiber/ ... rue#M31070
I run almost all WS-24-400A at my WISP and do not have any problems with linking up to 100M and 1G UBNT devices when set to AUTO Speed/Duplex.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:09 am

The RM5Ti is known to have issues when left to autonegotiate a gig link and the proposed workaround is to force it to 100 meg.

What is needed is an option to limit the autonegotiated speed to 100 meg rather than hard code it. ISTR that feature was requested. Do you recall if it is on the roadmap or not?

You could try doctoring the cable to force the autnegotiate to fail at gig by shorting one of the power pairs such as pins 7&8.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:18 am

lligetfa wrote:What is needed is an option to limit the autonegotiated speed to 100 meg rather than hard code it. ISTR that feature was requested. Do you recall if it is on the roadmap or not?

Hey Les, that was added a long time ago.
CLICK IMAGE BELOW TO VIEW FULL SIZE
les.png
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:25 am

It looks like I've been living under a rock.

Dave
Employee
Employee

Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:56 am

It looks like I've been living under a rock.

well, at least where you live the rock is under snow.....

Return to General Discussion