In love with this thing!

WisTech
Associate
Associate

In love with this thing!

Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:40 pm

Thanks for getting me the 12 Port and the phone call today! I got it fired up and played around with the GUI a bit. This thing is legit man! I can't believe how quiet this bad boy is. I plan to take this to our hilltop that has 7 AP's and a backhaul! Only part I'm bummed about is the inability to power my Exalt 11Ghz with this thing.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the 24's for my office. We'll be replacing our Toughswitch Carriers and Smart switches for sure!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: In love with this thing!

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:11 pm

WisTech wrote:Thanks for getting me the 12 Port and the phone call today! I got it fired up and played around with the GUI a bit. This thing is legit man! I can't believe how quiet this bad boy is. I plan to take this to our hilltop that has 7 AP's and a backhaul! Only part I'm bummed about is the inability to power my Exalt 11Ghz with this thing.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the 24's for my office. We'll be replacing our Toughswitch Carriers and Smart switches for sure!

Thanks man, I am so nervous on how you guys will like it!

How do you power your Exalt radio?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:33 pm

With a standard 802.3at injector.

PS - Keep up the good work man. I'm just stoked to finally have this in hand. It'll be on it's way out to our heaviest loaded hilltops here soon!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:36 pm

WisTech wrote:With a standard 802.3at injector.

PS - Keep up the good work man. I'm just stoked to finally have this in hand. It'll be on it's way out to our heaviest loaded hilltops here soon!

Well then it should power the radio? I power my SAF radios with the switch. Just verify the pin out polarities and you should be fine!
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:40 pm

Awesome. I didn't see anything listed about 48V at. I'll double check and give it a whirl! We'll only use airfiber, exalt's or rocket AC's for backhauls so it sounds like this freaking switch is the ticket!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:46 pm

WisTech wrote:Awesome. I didn't see anything listed about 48V at. I'll double check and give it a whirl! We'll only use airfiber, exalt's or rocket AC's for backhauls so it sounds like this freaking switch is the ticket!

You have the Model WS-12-250A which means the first FOUR ports support 48VH which is for powering high power 48-50V units that use all 8 wires for increased current like airFIBER, SAF, EXALT.

On the WS-12-250A and the WS-24-400A that is a POE option on ports 1-4 whereas the B Models only support this on ports 1-2.

48VH PoE Ports
Pins 1,2,4,5 (+)
Pins 3,6,7,8 (-)
1.2A

However do NOT power high power/current radios on the other 48V ports (5-12) or even on these ports unless you select 48VH as they only inject power on pins 4,5(+) 7,8(-) (2 pair) only and the radio will attempt to draw to much current on only 2 pairs and could damage the radio and or the switch.

48V PoE Ports
Pins 4,5 (+)
Pins 7,8 (-)
.5A

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:01 pm

You're the man, and you deserve a pat on the back bud!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:41 pm

I must say I just put v1.0.1 on my tower switches today and I LOVE THESE THINGS TOO!!!

I even upgraded one tower twice just to see how fast the tower came back, AWESOME FAST!!!! :hurray:

Now consider my towers use airFIBER 24 units as in and out back hauls using OSPF and before the radios all went down with a switch firmware upgrade so the tower was down several minutes....now a firmware upgrade is less then 20 seconds until the switch boots and OSPF sees the adjacencies up across the airFIBER unts and BAM back in business!

I wonder if we are the only POE switch that keeps the POE ports up during a reboot so the radios do not have to reboot and re associate client radios? Pirate4

v1.0.1 fixes a lot of stuff we had wrong with v1.0.0 all the way up to v1.0.1rc16 SOOOO MUCH BETTER NOW!

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Just loaded 1.0.1, AND my other 12, and two 24's showed up today! Thanks again Chris, you're the man! Now that I have a 'spare' 12, I can deploy this one on the hilltop I talked to you about with the Exalt.

Return to General Discussion