Holy Moley. AirMax v6 and v8 is out of beta...

billbuchan

Holy Moley. AirMax v6 and v8 is out of beta...

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:50 pm

Anyone got any gotchas on this new firmware? I've really tried hard to avoid UBNT beta firmware since the last time I was badly burnt.

---* Bill

sakita
Experienced Member

Re: Holy Moley. AirMax v6 and v8 is out of beta...

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Thanks for the heads-up... hadn't heard the news but will probably wait a couple of weeks to see if there is any drama to be on the safe side.

For the record we have a couple of Nanobeam AC running v8.0-beta19 feeding Nanobeam M clients running v6.0-beta15 with no drama. The backwards compatibility has been good so far.

Generally I avoid beta on production but sometimes the immediate need makes it the only option - and these latest AirOS versions have had the gestation period of an elephant (which is probably a good thing - taking the time to get it right as even the beta were using works).
Today is an average day: Worse than yesterday, but better than tomorrow.

mhoppes
Associate
Associate

Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:01 pm

So far it's been very very stable for us.

billbuchan

Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:43 am

Well, that's our 380 Ubiquiti devices upgraded to v6 or v8, over the last week or so. Not a lot of 'mixed mode' going on yet - I'm testing on one link.

We also had a few devices on test for the last 5-6 weeks.

So far, so good. No issues so far. Hoping this will cure a Rocket Prism hanging up every 24-36 hours (7.2.2).

Unbelievably, AirControl 2.1 (beta) did most of the heavy lifting for us - and it worked.

Looking at the sentences I've typed so far, I can only assume that Ubiquiti have worked really hard on quality control in the last year. Good.

---* Bill

ste

Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:57 am

Updated all AC to 8.0. Works fine. We had luck with AC so far as we started to use it not from the beginning. Started to move from Mikrotik to ePMP but as we run into problems with ePMP (interference) we moved further to UBNT-AC and are very happy now with Rocket PTMP and Prism. Works much better with interference on nearby channels.

Heard bad things on UBNT quality but had not a single HW-failure so far. We have a lot of MT SXT and Power supplies failing.

Return to General Discussion