How to Find IP Address?

uberdome
Experienced Member

How to Find IP Address?

Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:27 pm

I preconfigured some hardware, and have lost the IP for the Netonix. Is there an easy way to find an IP address (through some discovery mechanism perhaps), or do I just need to reset the switch?

[I installed it at a new small repeater site today, and everything is working as configured, I just cannot get into the switch. I'd rather not have to go on site to reset and reconfigure it, but maybe that will teach me not to take poor notes...]

Thank you - Chris

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: How to Find IP Address?

Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Well if you have kept the firmware updated and enabled UDP, or LLD, or CDP you can discover it via those discovery programs.

If it is a model with a console port you can use the console port

If you look at your router ARP/MAC table you should be able to find it there as well

Many ways to find a network device
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

uberdome
Experienced Member

Re: How to Find IP Address?

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:47 pm

It's a WS-6-MINI, so no console. It looks like I just messed up some configuration somewhere. I can't find a Netonix MAC (EC:...) in any of the bridging / ARP tables of any of the connected devices. I'll go on-site and reconfigure it tomorrow.

Thank you.

Return to General Discussion